Author Thread: Generation Y:Do you still believe in True Love Waits?
Sjoyw7

View Profile
History
Generation Y:Do you still believe in True Love Waits?
Posted : 21 Sep, 2017 10:12 AM

Hi everyone! When I was in high school I joined a seminar on true love waits. We are being taught about biblical truths regarding waiting for our future mates which involved praying for them and writing to them even if we haven't met them yet. I read some Christian books regarding this topic and it helped a lot. I remember the stories of Isaac and Rebecca, Jacob and Rachel, and Boaz and Ruth. these are Characters in the Bible that we can refer regarding issues on courtship/marriage. So my answer is Yes. what about you? Do you have the same experience? would love to know your opinions regarding this topic. God bless! 1 Corinthians 13

MatthiasJ

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Mar, 2018 03:12 PM

While I'm a Millenial myself, the answer to your question, since I work with youth sometimes, is: yes, they do wait. I have waited thus far as well... In all actuality I know more young guys who wait and less young ladies who wait...

Sjoyw7

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Mar, 2018 06:47 AM

Thank You for your ideas Matthias! Blessed to know that there are still men like you who believe in waiting for God's best. Nothing is impossible with God. May He continually guide you and strengthen you in the waiting season. Eccl. 3:11

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jul, 2018 12:39 AM

Yup, I absolutely believe in true love waits. if you really love the person wait it patiently in God's timing.

Tiborxa

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Dec, 2018 08:20 AM

during my high school and early college years, i was reading a lot of books about True Love Waits, TLW as popularly known during our time. However during college i backslided and was not able to wait. though now in my early 30s and with a 4 year old daughter, I have gotten back with the Lord is yes I am very much practicing TLW. God bless.

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Dec, 2018 02:25 PM

I have no clue what generation xyz stuff means. But im 25 (if that means anything) I believe this question is retaining to younger people? True love is a nettle in a hay stack. Hardly anyone young wants love but rather lust. Some want neither and only want to play games. Most younger people in life really need a good slap upside the head on a regular basis. Or something to make them shape up.