Author Thread: A Prayer for the Faltering Christian
Gabbsters18

View Profile
History
A Prayer for the Faltering Christian
Posted : 7 Aug, 2018 12:13 AM

Dear Lord.

It's me again. I know I can be distant at times. I know that these trials I face really test my faith in your goodness. But I want you to know I still love you.

Father God, I miss you. I can still see glimpses of you everywhere but it doesn't feel the same. It's not the same as when the world was on fire with your goodness and mercies. I would see you everywhere then! I would see you in nature, in my school, in my job, in the faces of strangers. I still see you in these places but I feel like I have to look harder for you.

I want to be on fire for you again. I want to see you everywhere I go. I want to feel your presence even when I drink my cup of coffee in the morning.

Lord, let me fall back into grace with you. Let me rest in the comfort of your holy spirit. Let me flow with your power and embrace your blessings.

I pray all these things and more, In Jesus Name, Amen.

(Hello! My name is Gabby. I like to write and share my writings with others. I feel like it's sometimes more personal or intimate to write how I feel instead of saying the words out loud. I hope to be posting more prayers in the future. In the mean time, if this resonates with you, please feel free to share!)