Author Thread: a little sermon on witnessin to folks
Admin

a little sermon on witnessin to folks
Posted : 27 Jun, 2009 10:26 PM

dear folks, id like to talk to ya this mornin about witnessing to others..

acts 1:8 but you shall recieve power when the HOLY SPIRIT has come upon you and you shall be witnesses to ME in jerusalem and in all judea and samaria and to the end of the earth.

what is is that hold us back from witnessing. fear

we have a fear of failure. either be it to GOD or the person we wanna witness to the fear of rejection or afraid of being laughed at or even cussed out or affraid youll not know what to say if they ask you questions.

matthew 28:20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you and lo I am with you always even to the end of the age. amen

you dont need to have any fear as you have the HOLY SPIRIT to help you . thats the promised helper JESUS said HED send to us. and as in the above verse thats JESUS telling us HE will always be with us to the ends of the ages. praise GOD!!!!

have you ever had a feeling of concern for someone you see or know? it could very well be the HOLY SPIRIT guiding you to someone in need. keep your eyes and ears open and your hearts too. let the SPIRIT guide you. cause you never know who may be ready to be receptive to JESUS.

and also its good to remember when even JESUS was witnessing that HE didnt succeed with them all. so dont quit because you dont have success. keep goin plantin those seeds and some may grow.. and even if it takes years to have one success... aint it worth it? there will be a rejoicin in heaven. whoooo whoo what a wonderful day that will be.

you know it seems that newer christians make better witnesses than ones that have been christians a long time. the difference being the freshness of experiencing what JESUS has done for them.. they go out all fired up and they may fumble and bumble their way but the freshness of what JESUS has just done for them and the excitement pours forth from them .. its very catchy ya know.. folks will prolly wanna have what you got a little more ya recon? and as for us somewhat older or older than chrstians it shouldnt be that way. we should be able to express not only what JESUS did for us way back but even have an excitement of whats hes been doin in our lives recently . and be able to pour forth that freshness too.

you know i love to hear all testimonies but have ya ever heard one told in a monotone voice? its still a good testimony. but man i dont know how one can be so cool about what JESUS did for them. man i get excited talkin bout what JESUS has done for me.. i mean i got a deep bass voice but ill even hit some high notes when im talkin bout what JESUS did for me... hehe and cant stand still have to pace back and forth cause im burstin wih energy ... its an awesome feelin to just turn your feeling for JESUS loose..

and hey if you dont have succes when dealing with witnessing always have a free bible or invite them to come with you to church .. that way theyll be gettin more of the word and the word can talk to their hearts... and if they wont accept that then move to the next one... youll of planted the seed and it may grow one day and you may not even know about it.. what matters is you did what you were sposed to do.. you told em you cared for them and that JESUS cares for them and that JESUS saves.. amen

keep up the good works folks,, GLORY BE TO GOD!!!!!!

ole cattle