Author Thread: No LABEL While Online Dating?
mynamesjo

View Profile
History
No LABEL While Online Dating?
Posted : 8 Feb, 2021 08:27 AM

Hi all. What do you guys think when someone you're interested in told you that she also likes you but she doesn't prefer to do the bf/gf label? Her reason: not because she can't commit but it's because it's online only at this time and her only request is for you two to meet in person and you ask her again if your mind hasn't changed. There is no playing game and that she just simply wants to know that you're not another guy who passes by.

What would you think about this? Men and ladies may comment, though I'm more interested in knowing the men's thought on this. Thank you :)

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Feb, 2021 10:07 AM

Personally, I would have no problem with it whatsoever.

I mean, it's relatively easy to portray one's self one way online, but, as they say, "the proof is in the pudding".

In other words, in my estimation, you really don't know what a person is like until you've actually spent time together with them in real life situations.

Real life situations could be something as simple as how they react while driving a car.

Do they quickly lose their temper?

Do they exhibit road rage?

Do they curse?

Anyhow, I'd actually think that there's something wrong with any woman who would put their trust in someone they've only encountered online.

Especially since there are so many scammers/catfish out there...or in here.

That's my two cents worth.

Marcouse

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Feb, 2021 03:33 PM

You can't be boyfriend and girlfriend if you haven't even met can you?

mynamesjo

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Feb, 2021 11:34 PM

@akindsoul: What you said is true. I've heard horror stories about people who finally met in person and ended up finding out they're not a match. That's so sad, and some people can't handle small disappointments. On the bright side, there have been many success stories as well.

@Marcouse: Yes, people can. Except if they prefer not to be :)

Thanks, you two, for your replies.

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Feb, 2021 05:33 AM

Hi, mynamesjo.

Although I've never made it to the point of actually meeting anyone from an online dating site in person (I have texted and spoken on the phone with some of them), I did meet someone with whom I became Facebook friends.

Initially, she showed up as a friend suggestion, and, after I looked at her Facebook page, I sent her a friend request because she seemed to be a dedicated believer in Jesus.

At first, we each made a few public comments on each other's pages, then it graduated to private messages.

From there, it graduated to audio calls, then video chats, and, finally we met in person.

Our relationship lasted about 2 years and 2 months or until I ultimately ended it last December.

In our particular case, I won't say that she was really that different in person than she was either online or on the phone, but spending time together did ultimately help me to realize that a major concern that I had about her was genuine, and that is why I finally broke it off.

irc1

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Feb, 2021 07:57 AM

no, not in my eyes.

joethe1

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Apr, 2021 08:37 AM

So let's get this straight

She has an emotional connection to you but doesn't want to be "exclusively yours" because of how men treated her in the past. You aren't Schwarzenegger's clone, so how can you be one of the guys from her past?

So, here's the scoop

Tired of guys taking advantage of you online? Afraid that I, your online date, am taking advantage of you? Well, worry no more! Let's meet up for coffee at Starbucks, have some dinner at Denny's, or maybe we'll order a pizza and have a Netflix and chill at your place (or mine, doesn't matter) and I will show you how a real man treats a lady. With the assurance that you have a very real talking, breathing man who treats you like sweet potato pie, you can rest assured that I, your online date, am not just another "buddy" on your "buddy list" but am ready and willing to take "us" seriously.

Question is...WILL SHE?

If you come at things from that perspective, I can promise you that sooner (more often than later) you will find out who is for real and who are the frauds.