Author Thread: Will you obey God or the government?
oneway

View Profile
History
Will you obey God or the government?
Posted : 3 Aug, 2009 11:14 AM

If Obama's healthcare plan passes as is, that is, with federally funded abortions in place, will you pay your taxes or will you submit to God and not be a part of that evil?

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Aug, 2009 05:56 PM

dear one, although i do not agree with abortions at all.and it should not be funded by the government in my book..

i do believe that doin GODS will is to pay your taxes. in the verse below we dont see an exemption clause for when we dont agree with the government... it simple states that we are to render taxes to whom taxes are due. if we dont like what they are doin then we need to put folks back in that follow the word of GOD.. we need more republican conservatives back in there . in my opinion..

romans 13:7 Render therefore to all their due: taxes to whom taxes are due, customs to whom customs, fear to whom fear, honor to whom honor.

ole cattle

oneway

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Aug, 2009 08:20 PM

Yes ole cattle, Jesus told us to render unto Caesar what is his and to God what is His. Therefore do we pay our taxes as Jesus commanded or do we take part in the killing of the innocents by payment of those taxes, knowing full well that we are doing so?

Lev 20:2-5

"Whoever of the children of Israel, or of the strangers who dwell in Israel, who gives any of his descendants to Molech, he shall surely be put to death. The people of the land shall stone him with stones. I will set My face against that man, and will cut him off from his people, because he has given some of his descendants to Molech, to defile my sanctuary and profane My holy name. And if the people of the land should in any way hide their eyes from the man when he gives some of his descendants to Molech, and they do not kill him, then I will set my face against his family, and I will cut him off from his people, and all who prostitute themselves with him to commit harlotry with Molech."

Referring to Ahaz

2 Kings 16:3

"And he did not do what was right in the sight of the Lord his God, as his father David had done. But he walked in the way of the kings of Israel; indeed he made his son pass through the fire, according to the abominations of the nations whom the Lord had cast out from before the children of Israel."

Hos. 4:2-3

"..bloodshed follows bloodshed. Because of this the land mourns..."

Ezek. 35:6

.."Since you did not hate bloodshed, bloodshed will follow you."

God doesn't change...he hates the murder of the innocents. Judgment begins at the house of God. Is it no wonder that our enemies rule over us? (Lev.26:17) That marriage is defiled by homosexuals? (Rom. 1:25-26) That hate crimes legislature is all but passed, and that Christians are the problem, not this sick world?

Although I don't want to go to prison for tax evasion, the thought of contributing to innocent deaths weighs on me far more. Jesus said that what we have done to the least of these we have done to Him.

With whatever choice we make, we will be disobeying God, in my estimation. Does anyone have any input?

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Aug, 2009 05:19 AM

I see, that life is not so easy in America as it seems at the first glance. There are a lot of temptations but of a different character than those in Russia. Russian christians who move to the US are very naive thinking that they will find only "milk and honey" in this country. Not long ago I was asked to write a petition to the US President to investigate an incident which occured in Oregon. Seven children including a small daughter who was only 6 days were taken away from their parents. Both parents were arrested and sent to jail next day on charges of cruel treatment of their children. The problem was that one of the children (a 14-year old son who had already had some problems with the police) complained to the authorities of his parents having said that he was beaten by them. And the police took away all children without any investigation. The mother was not even allowed to breastfeed her newborn daughter. Well, as far as I can see parents loose the right to punish their own children. Vice versa children punish their parents.

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Aug, 2009 07:50 AM

dear verita, america sure aint perfect.. but i love my country and wouldnt take anything for it..

with that said we do have some laws that have been made that arent followin the word of GOD.. as i think our forefathers intended it to be...and surely not how GOD intended it to be.. america need to get back to GOD.. so GOD will bless america once again.. i cant even imagine that huge amount of debt we just went in for. will it ever be paid off? and we hear of wantin to go more in debt.. sheesh.. anyways ill still pay my taxes as theres still alot of good done with the money.. and it is written for me to do so..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Aug, 2009 04:19 PM

Cattle is right on. It's our obligation to God to exercise our duty as citizens in the land where the Lord places us to cooperate with the legal means of passing Biblical laws and electing Christ honoring officials.

However, no governmental authority comes into power but by the will of God. Once these evil men are placed into this authority, we're under a dual duty to honor them as our leaders and to obey the Lord. If we fail to convince our leaders to honor the Bible, then it's in God's hands to repay them for their disobedience; though, should we dishonor their authority, then God will deliver us into their hands for judgement. Paul reminds us that the government bears the sword with a purpose and not for idle threat.

Honestly, I couldn't vote for the politicians who won in my state and nation. Regardless, it's my privilege to pray for them and even to write to them to encourage them to obedience. Do it with love and sympathy. The Lord has permitted them to be blind to good that He might be glorified through their actions. Be patient and know that God's justice is not asleep, even when He's slow to anger.

tj09

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Aug, 2009 05:51 AM

Hello everyone, I'd like to say that i agree with Cattleman and Bush. Also to Oneway, if you have been paying your taxes throughout your life, the money has been going towards things disproving to God for a LONG, LONG time. All sins are equal even if some sound worse than others. You might want to check out where your tax dollars have been going, you might be shocked.

I can truly understand where you are coming from though. What will happen when the time comes that the government trys to manipulate us into taking the mark of the beas . It may not be in our time but what about our children and grand children, do we actually teach them to be on the watch for it, to go to prision, or even die before taking it. I believe it will be sneaky and easy to control people by however it comes. People, even christians will take it without realizing it if they are not ready and on the watch.

You guys have a blessed day...

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Aug, 2009 11:01 AM

dear tj , welcome to the forums. you make some good points there..

folks just cause summin becomes lawful you as a christian dont have to do what you know is against what GOD says.. and you dont have to tell folks its ok to do so either..yet speak up and tell em thats not what GOD wants them to do.. so you are doin right by standing up for and fighting for the unborn children..

as for accepting the mark of the beast .. better to die and not accept it... as JESUS said if you deny me before men so will i deny you before the FATHER.

ole cattle