Author Thread: Just "Looking for Friends"
BluEyedBumbleBee

View Profile
History
Just "Looking for Friends"
Posted : 7 Aug, 2009 07:35 PM

When someone says that they are "looking for friends" with a possibility of more. What do you take this as? Someone wanting nothing more than friends, or someone wanting to take things slow? Why would you post that you are looking for a friend?

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Aug, 2009 09:15 PM

I'd say it's someone that wants to take it slow, or at least build a relationship based on friendship and then move from there. They might also be saying, "I want to get to know you before I give you hope...I might not like you".

:peace::peace:

Sam274

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Aug, 2009 08:44 AM

I'd say they weren't really looking for a relationship, but if an extraordinary person came along, they would consider the possibility in spite of their state of mind.

BluEyedBumbleBee

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Aug, 2009 06:26 PM

Thanks guys! That is pretty much what I was going for! Nice to know it translates.

aceets

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Aug, 2009 06:08 PM

Thanks for asking about this.

I actually say something along these lines in my profile. My intention is to take things easy and develop a relationship out of friendship, as I hope I have made that clear in the profile itself.

Blessings

Aceets

Joseph5365

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Sep, 2009 07:26 PM

Im just looking for friends currently, its to take things slow, get to know one another better. Find out prior to a relationship if it is going to work or not. Trust me, it is much harder on someone if it does not work out if you jump straight into dating and it seems to be going wonderful. Translation, I have been deeply hurt and want to take it slower than my last relationship. I also believe that your spouse, should be your best friend.

Be blessed.

lyonessC

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jan, 2010 10:47 AM

I had the same delima when I pondered what to say in my profile. I am at a place in my life where I want friendship without the burden of getting wrapped up in the world's view of dating and unnecessary drama.

A friend to spend time conversating with and when I'm comfortable, go to dinner, movies, etc. A friend that respects christian dating (no sex til marriage) and is interested in getting to know me as the child of God made me to be.