Author Thread: God can do anything!
Admin

God can do anything!
Posted : 18 Aug, 2009 07:02 PM

i was baptized at fifteen. lovin life and not wrryin bout tomorrow. at sixteen, had my heart broken by my high school sweetheart. for the three years that followd, i fell into the dark stage. wasn't exactly gothic, but i wore skulls, the pants with chains, etc. i even cut myself everyday, just to release the internal brokenness i felt. i really thought i was gonna end up dead.

until that one night, my cousin came over. that was the night i thought that would be the end of misery. he stopped me, reminded me of the promise i had made three years ago, and i broke down. next morning, being sunday, he took me to church, where i slowly (and still am) trying to regain my faith in my true friend. my eyes are open now. in fact, on the 30th of this month, i'm gonna take part in a river baptism to recommit myself to my Lord and Saviour. this time, i will NOT let Satan conquer me!

View Profile
History
God can do anything!
Posted : 19 Aug, 2009 05:52 PM

dear broken, thats great youre recommitting yourself..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
God can do anything!
Posted : 21 Aug, 2009 07:26 PM

Hello Broken!

Most today teach that "faith is to be acquired," while the word of God states that we are reduced to it.

It is not so much a matter of your believing in the word of God, as much as it is about "God's word accomplishing what it states, in your life. Your believing in the Word of God, provides the Word of God with no power, while it provides your life with power although you do not believe, strengthening you and lifting you up, so that the Lord is glorified in that His word does what He sent it to do!

View Profile
History
God can do anything!
Posted : 28 Aug, 2009 02:18 AM

Great to hear broken! After that you should change your name. After all all the great people ...well a lot of the great people in the bible changed their name after they were called by God. Abram to Abraham, Sarai to Sarah ....Saul to Paul. I'm sure there were a lot in between. (Help me out people!)

There is a great song in "Scripture in Song" series of books. Don't know if it's in the US. But it says:

"I will change your name, I will change your name...

wounded, hurt etc...then it goes confident, loved by God etc" (and puts in good things.) It's an awesome song, and really sums up what I want to say to you. You will no longer be called all those bad things but God will change our name to good things. (You think of some good things.)

You go girl!

View Profile
History
God can do anything!
Posted : 30 Aug, 2009 07:51 PM

God is so faithful. My pastor was talking abou that this morning how we fall short so many times but God's love never fails and he's always faithful to us because he loves us.

Satan is good at making a bad situation look hopeless and it is easy to agree with him and spiral down to nothing. But praise God for His faithfulness that He broght your cousin to you to lift you up and bring you to the right direction.

I'm so glad that your cousin was there to remind you of who you are which is a child of the Most High God. I am so happy to know that you're rededicating your life and satan lost.

Remember that in this life we'll have tribulation and heartbreak. So when you find yourself heartbroken cling to God and he'll bring you through it.

Hears lookin at you kid! Stay strong in the power of His might!