Author Thread: The joy of missions
adventure7

View Profile
History
The joy of missions
Posted : 3 Nov, 2021 05:47 AM

November 3, 2021

Dear friends

There is a joy in doing the work of the missionary that cannot be matched by the things of this world. Yes you will see indifference, persecution, shunning and sometimes lack of popularity even in the churches. But being able to see God do great things before your very eyes, privilege of being able to be a part of it, dependence on the Holy Spirit, thrill of being in reality a rescuer and knowledge that God is working his great victory in a small way through us brings joy. Thanks be to God who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Cor. 15:57. Tell me your thoughts!

View Profile
History
The joy of missions
Posted : 22 Dec, 2021 08:45 PM

Amen! Thank you for obeying Jesus. If you don't mind me asking, what country have you done mission trips to?

I've only been on one overseas mission trip, but I think we can live on mission where we live too since we are all called to the Great Commission. My favorite thing in the world is seeing someone's life touched by Jesus. To see their faces with tears of joy when the Holy Spirit touches them. I think that if people realized how serving and ministering to others affects our own hearts there would be a whole lot less depression and selfishness in the world.

Setsail28

View Profile
History
The joy of missions
Posted : 7 Feb, 2022 07:44 AM

Well said, Jesus lived life with 12 average men for three years and they went on to change the world through obeying him and telling the world about the good news of salvation. I would add the word discipleship to the conversation. Matthew 28 19:20 "19:Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father the Son and if the Holy Sprit, 20: and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end if the age." People who love one another and tell each other truth in Christ will help combat depression through Christ working on people's hearts.

Maxwell5d

View Profile
History
The joy of missions
Posted : 5 Jul, 2022 05:19 AM

I would love to be part of this call

Maxwell5d

View Profile
History
The joy of missions
Posted : 5 Jul, 2022 05:20 AM

I would love to be part of this mission