Author Thread: Should I send a friendly message or move on
HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
Should I send a friendly message or move on
Posted : 22 Feb, 2023 02:56 PM

I met a guy on here and we had been talking on and off for about one and a half years. We clicked pretty well and he lives out of state. His pictures looked good but some he looked kind of depressed/worried. He claimed he flirted with me first but he said he was shocked that I saw him as more than a friend. He claimed that he sounded like a depressed downer and he was surprised I liked him after that. He said that when we would talk, he thought I saw him as a friend.

Then later he said he never flirted with me and he used this as a defense mechanism and said he didn't want to lose me. The whole thing got weird. He kept saying I sounded serious through text message like my personality which I am not serious. I like to laugh and I am friendly but again he didn't want to fall for me I guess in case things didn't work out. When I would get mad over text, he would constantly want to resolve the issue. He said he wanted to meet around my work schedule like before and after. He kept asking me what I wanted to do but didn't plan any activities, just kept asking me. This December, he finally came to meet me in California for about three days. We went out to lunch twice and walked around a lot in the city. He was really nice and I did enjoy his company.

During the meeting, he didn't talk to me like almost at all. He was super quiet. I was the one that was always asking questions. He wanted to meet at a park at night which I declined but I said I would meet him the next day. He gave me a Christmas gift and card and I gave him something too. When he got back, I noticed he wasn't texting me so I said hope you had a safe trip back. No response. I then said Merry Christmas I liked my gifts after Christmas a little and he took 10 days to text me back and said sorry I was busy glad you liked them.

Then I texted and again a week passed and he wasnt responding so I got mad and said I don't go for boring, married scammers anyways. And he said he forgave me for calling him boring but said he was not married or a scammer. I replied and even apologized on this app we have but I deleted and reinstalled it. I notice he still has the app and is not blocked.

Should I just send a friendly message or just let this go?