Author Thread: Loving our enemies and letting God deal with them in the way He sees fit
Streetevangelist520^

View Profile
History
Loving our enemies and letting God deal with them in the way He sees fit
Posted : 12 Jul, 2023 08:02 PM

The Scriptures i'm going to base this topic is Matt 5:43-48; Luke 6:27-36 and Romans 12:9-21. Why are we to love our enemies and let God deal with them in the way He sees fit? Because that is way Jesus would act and be. Acting any other way only gives place to the devil. I admit that i have gotten verbally and physically abusive with others who didn't want to come to Christ in the past but God is helping me to overcome in these areas and love my enemies instead with His help. So i am growing in these areas and am learning to not take matters into my own hands but rather let God judge my enemies and not me. May my testimony serve as a lesson for us all that we need to love our enemies and let God judge them if they refuse to come to Jesus, you can't force others to change, all of us have a free will to choose.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jul, 2023 10:41 AM

Please explain what you mean by this statement.

MOONLIGHT SAYS: I don't have any enemies. Just those who disagree with my Beliefs , so they attack my intelligence.

Seems I do have enemies on here

END QUOTE

First you say you “don’t have ANY enemies” then you say you “do have enemies on here”

And you clearly indicate the enemies you do have are “...those who DISAGREE with your beliefs...”

This is a discussion forum.

Moonlight we don’t tell people to go away or move on when they ask us to clarify things we post.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jul, 2023 11:03 AM

You definitely need Spiritual deliverance.

Your character here is obvious.

Seek Godly Wisdom.

Not called to teach any Man .

Keep your mouth off Me !

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jul, 2023 11:05 AM

Negativity, degrading

Move on .....

Seek Jesus Christ for your Help.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jul, 2023 11:16 AM

OpenBible

What does the Bible say about

Belittling

Bible

Belittling Others

1 Corinthians 13:1-13 ESV / 17 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; ...

Ephesians 4:1-32 ESV / 12 helpful votes

I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call— one Lord, one faith, one baptism, ...

1 Peter 2:1-25 ESV / 8 helpful votes

So put away all malice and all deceit and hypocrisy and envy and all slander. Like newborn infants, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up into salvation— if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is good. As you come to him, a living stone rejected by men but in the sight of God chosen and precious, you yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. ...

John 14:16-17 ESV / 8 helpful votes

And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you.

Romans 12:1-21 ESV / 5 helpful votes

I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned. For as in one body we have many members, and the members do not all have the same function, so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another. ...

Matthew 16:18 ESV / 5 helpful votes

And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Proverbs 11:12 ESV / 5 helpful votes

Whoever belittles his neighbor lacks sense, but a man of understanding remains silent.

Psalm 37:23 ESV / 5 helpful votes

The steps of a man are established by the Lord, when he delights in his way;

1 Timothy 2:1-15 ESV / 4 helpful votes

First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, ...

1 Corinthians 13:8 ESV / 4 helpful votes

Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.

John 3:16 ESV / 4 helpful votes

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Matthew 18:1-35 ESV / 4 helpful votes

At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. “Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, ...

Daniel 4:10-11 ESV / 4 helpful votes

The visions of my head as I lay in bed were these: I saw, and behold, a tree in the midst of the earth, and its height was great. The tree grew and became strong, and its top reached to heaven, and it was visible to the end of the whole earth.

Revelation 1:7 ESV / 3 helpful votes

Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so. Amen.

Jude 1:3 ESV / 3 helpful votes

Beloved, although I was very eager to write to you about our common salvation, I found it necessary to write appealing to you to contend for the faith that was once for all delivered to the saints.

1 Peter 3:15 ESV / 3 helpful votes

But in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect,

Colossians 1:1-29 ESV / 3 helpful votes

Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, To the saints and faithful brothers in Christ at Colossae: Grace to you and peace from God our Father. We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you, since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of the love that you have for all the saints, because of the hope laid up for you in heaven. Of this you have heard before in the word of the truth, the gospel, ...

Romans 1:1-32 ESV / 3 helpful votes

Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle, set apart for the gospel of God, which he promised beforehand through his prophets in the holy Scriptures, concerning his Son, who was descended from David according to the flesh and was declared to be the Son of God in power according to the Spirit of holiness by his resurrection from the dead, Jesus Christ our Lord, through whom we have received grace and apostleship to bring about the obedience of faith for the sake of his name among all the nations, ...

John 3:1-36 ESV / 3 helpful votes

Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. This man came to Jesus by night and said to him, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher come from God, for no one can do these signs that you do unless God is with him.” Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.” Nicodemus said to him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?” Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. ...

Mark 10:1-52 ESV / 3 helpful votes

And he left there and went to the region of Judea and beyond the Jordan, and crowds gathered to him again. And again, as was his custom, he taught them. And Pharisees came up and in order to test him asked, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife?” He answered them, “What did Moses command you?” They said, “Moses allowed a man to write a certificate of divorce and to send her away.” And Jesus said to them, “Because of your hardness of heart he wrote you this commandment. ...

Matthew 4:8 ESV / 3 helpful votes

Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory.

Isaiah 40:22 ESV / 3 helpful votes

It is he who sits above the circle of the earth, and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers; who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them like a tent to dwell in;

Psalm 51:1-19 ESV / 3 helpful votes

To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David, when Nathan the prophet went to him, after he had gone in to Bathsheba. Have mercy on me, O God, according to your steadfast love; according to your abundant mercy blot out my transgressions. Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin! For I know my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me. Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight, so that you may be justified in your words and blameless in your judgment. Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me. ...

1 Kings 2:1-46 ESV / 3 helpful votes

When David's time to die drew near, he commanded Solomon his son, saying, “I am about to go the way of all the earth. Be strong, and show yourself a man, and keep the charge of the Lord your God, walking in his ways and keeping his statutes, his commandments, his rules, and his testimonies, as it is written in the Law of Moses, that you may prosper in all that you do and wherever you turn, that the Lord may establish his word that he spoke concerning me, saying, ‘If your sons pay close attention to their way, to walk before me in faithfulness with all their heart and with all their soul, you shall not lack a man on the throne of Israel.’ “Moreover, you also know what Joab the son of Zeruiah did to me, how he dealt with the two commanders of the armies of Israel, Abner the son of Ner, and Amasa the son of Jether, whom he killed, avenging in time of peace for blood that had been shed in war, and putting the blood of war on the belt around his waist and on the sandals on his feet. ...

1 Kings 1:1-53 ESV / 3 helpful votes

Now King David was old and advanced in years. And although they covered him with clothes, he could not get warm. Therefore his servants said to him, “Let a young woman be sought for my lord the king, and let her wait on the king and be in his service. Let her lie in your arms, that my lord the king may be warm.” So they sought for a beautiful young woman throughout all the territory of Israel, and found Abishag the Shunammite, and brought her to the king. The young woman was very beautiful, and she was of service to the king and attended to him, but the king knew her not. Now Adonijah the son of Haggith exalted himself, saying, “I will be king.” And he prepared for himself chariots and horsemen, and fifty men to run before him. ...

Genesis 1:1-31 ESV / 3 helpful votes

In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. And God saw that the light was good. And God separated the light from the darkness. God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, the first day. ...

1 Corinthians 12:13 ESV / 2 helpful votes

For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—Jews or Greeks, slaves or free—and all were made to drink of one Spirit.

Streetevangelist520^

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jul, 2023 05:09 PM

To both LittleDavid and Moonlight7: We are all brothers and sisters in Christ and just because we disagree with each other doesn't mean we need to make enemies out of each other. If we don't learn to love each other as believers how are we to love the lost? John 13:34-35 states this. If we can't love one as believers how are we to love our enemies and the lost? Scripture teaches this!!!

Contented_

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jul, 2023 06:50 PM

"Keep your mouth off Me !"

That is funny

Moonlight , did Little David try to kiss you ?!?!

Tell us everything and don't leave out any details.

We want the Truth ...

We want the Truth ...

We ... want ... the ... Truuuuth ..... lol

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jul, 2023 06:54 PM

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jul, 2023 07:27 PM

THANKS CONTENTED‼️‼️ That was classic‼️

STREETEVANGELIST thanks for posting, I mentioned before on this forum several time, that I do not count moonlight an enemy. My friendship door is still open. The hostility and apparent animus is one sided.

In fact, as of about May 23, Moonlight used to message me regularly several times most days.

Most conversations were casual. Other times she would ask me to consider responding to certain posters because she thought they were out of line doctrinally. Many times she was right and whenever I feel it was appropriate l would respond.

But all that changed when I began to expose certain charismania doctrines (apparently some of which she holds most dear).

She responded immediately by blocking me and stopped sending messages. BTW, I never blocked her and my line is still open.

Her attacks and accusations kept up even as I tried to reason with her.

You’re a very objective man and I know you will consider all the facts I’ve presented.

You’re also welcome to bring anything to my attention that I posted to moonlight that you would like to discuss with me.

Thanks StreetEvangelist for posting!!

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jul, 2023 05:29 AM

Stop posting on me here LD

Your one sided story is getting distorted!

Starting Lies !

You cut down my Beliefs like you to people on here .

I'm Saved and follower of Christ.

You need Spiritual deliverance, you can teach no one , your arrogant.

God sees you degrading and insulting!

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jul, 2023 05:32 AM

Wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceful, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, unwavering, without hypocrisy.

James

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10