Author Thread: First generation vs. Christians today???
Admin

First generation vs. Christians today???
Posted : 23 Oct, 2009 04:39 PM

Are we better today, then the first generation Christians since we should understand the holy spirit better which implies we should be more bold but in my opinion we don't. Do you think the christian walk is hard? Or is it simple? Do we make the Christian walk to complicated? I think so.

View Profile
History
First generation vs. Christians today???
Posted : 24 Oct, 2009 11:36 PM

Interesting... I agree that we are making this more complicated than it really is. It's pretty simple. I don't think, however, that we are better off than the early christians. We have to many spinoffs, theologies that were formulated, misinterpretations. The early christians actually walked the earth with Jesus. They had firsthand experience. Their faith was so strong that they were able to cast out demons, heal the sick, and ALMOST walk on water (Peter merely stood on it for a few seconds. lol). Our faith today isn't NEAR that strong. It COULD be, but it's not. The potential is still there, though. It's just going to take a generation of christians who will actually LIVE their faith. Let it grow. Uncontrollably. We're running out of time, though. Good topic, man.

In Christ

Garrett