Author Thread: sometimes lonely
Admin

sometimes lonely
Posted : 27 Oct, 2009 06:28 PM

When you're feeling lonely and just in one of those moods where it seems like everybody else isn't and you're jealous and just feel like you're in a world of hurt. what do you do? lessons learned from personal experience are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

LittleMissMe

View Profile
History
sometimes lonely
Posted : 29 Oct, 2009 06:44 PM

I know that is a hard spot to be in. I have been there many times myself. I can't really give you anything foolproof but I can tell you this: You are not alone. Alot of people feel this way and I do know one thing NOT to do. Don't try to take matters into your own hands. You will make it worse. Just pray and read the Bible. A verse I can suggest is: Romans 8:28-"And we KNOW that all things work together for good, to them who love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

Proverbs 3:5-6- "TRUST in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not to thine own understanding. In ALL thy ways acknowledge HIM and he shall direct thy paths."

Philippians 4:19-" But MY GOD shall supply ALL your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus."

I hope this helped a little bit. Believe me, I know what its like to not feel like anyone loves you. But God does. And he will prove it to you in ways you never thought possible if you just let go of your life and place it in the Master's hands. Promise. Prayin for ya!

View Profile
History
sometimes lonely
Posted : 30 Oct, 2009 05:33 PM

I struggle with loneliness, too. I think everyone does from time to time. Here is what I do:

1. Music-specifically praise/worship music

I call it my "happy music" because it always leaves me feeling joyful. I also find that it's best to listen to it while reading Scripture. Many times I feel that satan is attacking me through the loneliness and making me doubt/forget all the blessings that God has for me. As a result I will put on my headphones and go to battle against the lies that war in my mind. I listen until I am reassured of God's love for me and His constant presence with me.

2. Friends and family

Other times I'm lonely because I haven't gotten together/talked with a friend in a long time. For me, talking on the phone or meeting in person is the best. There's just something about hearing their voice that communicates more than simply words on a screen. There is no substitute for loving, Christian fellowship! Again, it's a good reminder that there are people out there who care for me.

Perhaps these are more girl-oriented. I just know that they work. God bless.

View Profile
History
sometimes lonely
Posted : 5 May, 2010 11:11 AM

Recently, I discovered Romans 5:3-5. Verse three says we should "rejoice in our suffering". I've really taken that to heart, and given my loneliness to God. Sure, I still cry about it sometimes. But, I try my best to turn those tears of sadness to tears of rejoicing. God doesn't want me to be sad or lonely, and I don't have to be because He is always with me. When I feel lonely, I turn my focus to God and rejoice for the blessings He has given me. Works every time.

Andrea