Author Thread: I, too, have struggled
CeceliaRenea

View Profile
History
I, too, have struggled
Posted : 1 Dec, 2009 11:07 PM

I have read all these wonderful posts in this section. I am a simple person and don't have anything that deep to say, I cling to what the Lord has shown me and his promises I read in the bible, which I fully believe in. The closer walk you have with God, the more you hold fast in your faith, and the more you read the word, the better off your life will be. It is when these unexpected things come that our faith and walk are challenged. It has everything to do with how you act and handle yourself given these things. I have stumbled once very badly and went through natural disaster, loss of job, and family turmoil, all at the same time, amoung other things, and I let it shake my faith by the very foundation, but I knew the promises my Lord made me, and it is He who brought me through this stuff. It is when we turn away from God that the other wins and we suffer. We have to trust God and know he is true to his word, he is always there for us and we do not have to worry. This I know is ABSOLUTELY TRUE!!! And I thank and praise the Lord for that!

patou

View Profile
History
I, too, have struggled
Posted : 2 Dec, 2009 03:01 AM

Hello Cecelia! :waving:

We all do struggle in life, christians & non-christians; the good news is God is on our side. No matter how hopeless we are (christians) we have the assurance that the faithfulness of God will see us through.

God always does what he said, He never fails,He is trustworthy in every season of our life.

Psalm 36:5 Your love, O Lord,reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies.

Psalm 56:3-4 When I am afraid,I will trust in you. In God whose word I praise,in God I trust;I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?

1 Cor.1:8-9 He will keep you strong to the end,so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. God who has called you into fellowship with his son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful.

All we need to do is to surrender everything to God, for He is in control.Learn to listen to the quiet promptings of the Holy Spirit.

Sometimes we must walk when the way is not clear and must be willing to experience conflict. Accept God's discipline with thanksgiving.

Have a blessed day to all! :angel:

Ida :yay:

CeceliaRenea

View Profile
History
I, too, have struggled
Posted : 19 Dec, 2009 07:33 PM

Sorry, patou, didn't post that right, I stumbled in my faith after all of those things happened to me, kind of felt like a test, made me begin to doubt at times, but I held fast to my faith and talked it out with the Lord, which was just what he wanted me to do. He has placed me in a better position in life than I was before. I am thankful to the Lord for many blessings in my life. He has been my eternal Father for 33 years, and my only Father for 30 years.

Hebrews chapter 13, verse 15,16; Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise--the fruit of lips that confess his name. And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.

I Peter, chapter 4, verse 11; If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen

Psalm chapter 33, verses 1-5; Sing joyfully to the Lord, you righteous; it is fitting for the upright to praise him. Praise the Lord with the harp; make music to him on the ten-stringed lyre. Sing to him a new song; play skillfully, and shout for joy. For the word of the Lord is right and true; he is FAITHFUL in all he does. The Lord loves righteousness and justice, the earth is full of his unfailing love.

Psalm 48, verse 1; Great is the Lord, and most worthy of praise, in the city of our God, his holy mountain.

Psalm 69, verse 19; Praise be to the Lord, to God our Saviour, who daily bears our burdens. Selah

Psalm 139, verse 14; I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Verse 17; How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand. When I awake, I am still with you.

These are some of my favourites that do it for me! I just enjoy praising Him I guess. Thanks for your support patou.

A servant in Christ,

CeceliaRenea

CeceliaRenea

View Profile
History
I, too, have struggled
Posted : 19 Dec, 2009 08:01 PM

Hi everybody! Ok, ok, here are some more of my favourites for the rough times, I'm spilling it!

Hebrews chapter 6, verse 10; God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them.

Psalm 37, verse 25; I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread.

The fact that Jesus, the only perfect one to ever walk the earth, cried out on the cross "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" also made me feel more comfortable in speaking with my Lord when I was struggling through the worst of it. Ok, let's see, that was from Mathew chapter 27, verse 46 I believe.

These were some of the scriptures I found comforting.

God Bless,

CeceliaRenea

GraceMae

View Profile
History
I, too, have struggled
Posted : 20 Dec, 2009 04:27 PM

Hey CeceliaRenea,

For me, seems like I conquer one area of me that needs correcting successfully, that is responding consistently in line with the word, and then God starts working the other areas. Continual testing. Yet, as you, I know it's to make us better, for His better things in the promises He says we inherit as His children if we obey Him.

God loves me anyway, no matter what, even when I struggle with an area. My biggest area of continual challenge is operating in ALL the fruits of the spirit at the same time.

[Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23. gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.]

Well, trying to bare ALL the fruit at the same time is OH GOD, something I can only hope to implement to perfection at some point in my life. But, I know perseverance in trying to get there is the beauty of walking with God to understand who He is, and His ways personally. I get my own first hand experience at knowing Him. I'm just grateful that God is perfect in extending all this toward me. Most of all His patience.

Thank you for opening this post. *GraceMae

View Profile
History
I, too, have struggled
Posted : 20 Dec, 2009 07:53 PM

This is something I am sure most of you know, but I want to repeat it.

Just as a blacksmith will take a piece of Iron and heat it to a glowing temperature and then pound on it and pound on it -- each pounding blow squeezing out impurities and then taking that red hot peice of Iron and submerging it in cold water; only to begin the process over again -- so does God allow us to endure trials and tribulation as a means of "purifying" us...of ridding us of earthly attachments or worldly thinking.

And just as a rip tide will cause you to drown if you panic and try to swim against it (tiring yourself out) or if you allow yourself to be dragged out to deeper water. It is only be not panicking and swiming parellel to the rip tide that you are saved

So it is with any trials or tribulations that occur in your life. Remain calm and always turn to God and pray for the strength and discernment and help...that God will provide.

It is not always that easy or simple...(I am proof), but it always works!

Thank you for reminding me and May God continue to Bless you and Yours!

Merry Christmas!