Author Thread: German Government enforce day of rest.This is a bad thing
Admin

German Government enforce day of rest.This is a bad thing
Posted : 7 Dec, 2009 02:04 AM

On the news there are reports that the German Government are going to enforce sunday as a day of rest.This is a bad thing.

I know of Christians that agree with Governments that do this.This is a bad thing,very bad and I'm now worried.

Don't we as Christians expect Freedoms.We as Christians ask for respect,should'nt we respect those that don't want to keep sunday as a day of reat.If an Islam Prime Minister said we must keep Friday with all Muslim people,how many Christian would be upset.Now why should a govenment be allowed to FORCE people to not work,maybe because the Bible say's that in the last days the Beast will inforce his Mark.A lot of people believe it is a bar-code in your hand,I believe its more then that.

What was it satan wanted from the begining when he sinned,he wanted Worship,and thats what this is about.

The German Governement already have a close history with the Church of Rome,and now are doing the Pope's (ANTI-CHRIST) wishes by brining in this day of rest.No where in the Bible does it say that Sabbath was changed to sunday.I know of people offering $$$$ to prove overwise and yet no one has ever claimed it.READ YOUR BIBLE ABOUT THE LAST DAYS,DANIEL AND REVALATION TALK ABOUT IT.

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Mar, 2010 12:29 AM

You miss the point. It isn't about what is written in the bible. You can make politics with that in the USA, in Germany we do politics without mentioning the bible all the time. Though it has an influence on voters, but more in the background. If a German candidate for chancellor would mention the bible too often (the number here be one or two times), he or she would not be voted, even by christians, because we consider this as having nothing to say about political issues.

It is true, the pope is German. But Germany is not too much connected to Vatican as you say. Our chancellor is the daughter of a protestant pastor, and after all, Germany is the country of the Reformation. So don't expect the church of Rome to be too influencial here (we also have many atheists in the eastern part, communism took its toll).

The whole thing about keeping the sunday free of work has to do with giving the people a day of rest. There is no reason why they would have to work on sunday, there is no reason why shops are to be open 24/7, we don't have more customers, the number of people is the same.

If it is free to open on sundays, shops will make their employees work on snday, if they want to or not. And if one shop starts, all will follow, so in the end, everybody will be working.

We take or social laws as a big advantage, this is why there is a bit of rumour about them being teared down by the conservative governement. Keeping the sunday as day of closed shops is something they can do to keep the people concerned about our social laws silent with most of the conservative christian voters supporting them (though christians nowadays vote for the Greens or the Social Democrats in big numbers, not so much any more for the conservatives as in the past. The conservatives are elected at most by the rich of whichever religion, most possibly atheist by heart).

So after all, keeping shops closed on sunday is a social isse here, not an issue of some kind of faith, and you hear hardly anyone speaking of the bible in this context. Rather you will hear slogans like: On sundays, Dad has time for family and such.

I hope I could clear things up a bit.

God bless you

De Benny

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 May, 2010 05:33 PM

What about Hitler,he was a leader there for many years and he was supported by the pope.

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 May, 2010 09:38 AM

Hitler supported by the pope? Where do you get this from? FoxNews?

I'd suggest to come here, take a look around at how things are and then talk about countries you have no idea about.

Hitler was a leader here, right. That was like 55 years ago, and we got rid of him before the USA overcame the worst of the racial discrimination in its South. So remember that whenever you point with your finger at people, there are 3 fingers pointing at you.

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 May, 2010 09:43 AM

Oh I just saw you are Australian. But again: When did the Aborigenies get equal rights down under? We know Hitler was wrong for over half a decade now while racial discrimination also played a role in other contries. I don't say we are completely over it, but what is the point bringing up Hitler here other than offending me?

SOS4EMAILFRIEND

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 May, 2010 04:33 AM

@Soldout

Excuse me, but I took the liberty of reading your profile after reading your posts on this thread....

you state: quote "I don�t like it when so called christians hurt other people... we are to show the Love of God at all times" unquote

Well the above statement must have slipped your mind while you were writing your posts on this issue.

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Oct, 2010 04:46 AM

I dont watch mainline news.I also dont walk around with my head in the sand.I dohowever read books of former priest's that are now christians,so why would they lie.