Author Thread: How much umbillacal leash for the babies momma?
mightbeblasphemy

View Profile
History
How much umbillacal leash for the babies momma?
Posted : 14 Mar, 2010 05:31 PM

This wasn't my first second or third choice but...

What percentage of household expenses should be covered by the parent that leaves?

I'm covering the mortgage, insurance, lights, phone and the city bill. She's rocking the PTA and working a day or two every few weeks. I didn't mind when we were living together but when you seperate shouldn't a woman have an expectation to no longer be a stay at home mom?

Most scripture is so patriarchal. I don't think stoning would work out real well for me.

Should I get custody if she just plain cannot get her financial thing going? Shouldn't children have parents that are out in the world functioning?

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Mar, 2010 05:31 PM

Have you tried a tete-a-tete? Drawn up a document and asked her to agree to it or amend it as she sees fit? That may facilitate conversation which may lead to an understanding.

Encamps

mightbeblasphemy

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Mar, 2010 04:40 PM

Too much the details of our situation have become way to public already, I just want to be able to wash my hands of it.

My tete a tete needs be somewhat public reflecting my fears; which have a genesis in reality, but I'm sure are twisted as that is what fears do...

fear one- Sheriff tacking the foreclosure notice on the door of the single mother whose husband abandoned her.

fear two- Me never having a pot to plant in due to supporting this second household in it's entirety, with her husbands and ensuing replicants resulting from marriages.

WHAT TO DO!

Elisa

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Apr, 2010 09:49 PM

Hi there,

I wish you well.

My brother is paying for all of the household expenses of his ex and her hubby and their 3 children as well as his 3. Two of his have now graduated and it is down to one child...yet due to amazing child support laws, his contribution actually increased when the second one graduated. The third and last one graduates next year and the ex is already worrying about how she will support herself. Neither she nor her current hubby have worked more than 10 hours a week in their entire marriage. Add to this that right now is not the optimal time to find a job. She is asking my brother to consider continuing the child support as long as one of the children live in her home. The youngest daughter is not exactly thrilled with the idea of not going off to college to say the least.

On the other side, my sister received a small amount of child support from her ex for a couple of years and that was the end of that. She then took over everything.

A lot seems to depend on the state and the ability of the divorce lawyers. To be safe...just don't get your hopes too set on that pot for the plant for 15 or so years.

Blessings,

Elisa

mightbeblasphemy

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Apr, 2010 03:51 AM

I can't even word my question right, to enlighten my frustration.

I'm sorry but there is always work of one nature or another. Give me forty hours a week of unemployment I would have one hell of a shanty built and be working on siege machinery to siphon what I need, which includes food, shelter,cable TV, healthcare and WIFI. I just don't think it would jive with my understanding of things to be screwing other people over to make six digits to support a babies momma and my nest. To explain to a younger man the benefits of celibacy.

It's like a shotgun wedding to overachievement through infidelity. We live in a polygamous society rotating husbands and wives like the tires on our SUVs. Do we manufacture desire?

"The physical symptoms of fight or flight are what the human body has learned over thousands of years to operate efficiently and at the highest level�anxiety is a cognitive interpretation of that physical response."

~ John Eliot, Ph.D. quotes from Overachievement: The New Model for Exceptional Performance

I mean without that kind of fear how could we ever invade abroad and have six litre internal combustion engines to transport our four ton suburban assault vehicles to strip malls? We need two households with breakfast nooks and in ground sprinkler systems. While two thirds of Yemeni's eat one meal a day. Then stand amazed at the back lash. It seems so contemptible but I am only a fool staring baffled at the conventional wisdom. Whenever I do that I seem to end up incarcerated or in some kind of class.

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Aug, 2010 09:25 AM

I'm sorry to say it- they system is biased against fathers from the get go. You should have to provide half of the support for you CHILD- not for the child, it's mother (unless there was a divorce and then only for a specified amount of time) the mother's boyfriend/husband and subsiquent children.

I'm a single mom, obviously. I have two boys- one I get support for the other I do not. The support I do get goes for providing daycare for the child it's ordered for. Period. I buy their clothes, their food, provide shelter and pay the bills on my own... with my full time job. Being a stay at home mom is actually best for the children, but in a home where there is only one parent, being a stay at home isn't practical, right or fair to the other party.

Do you have joint custody? Are you excersizing your visitation rights?