Author Thread: What Jesus did to satan in hell
Admin

What Jesus did to satan in hell
Posted : 19 May, 2010 01:04 PM

My bible tells me that when Jesus died he went to hell and took the keys of death back.Thus is what he died on the cross for, Right?????? I know this to be true. In the old testament before grace satan had the keys to death. Now Jesus has them. he saves us by salvation. Thus jesus is the King of this world, (god)

For me to say any different I believe would call god a liar.This I can not and will not do. Jesus took it all back. Just read all 4 accounts of the crucfixion in the gospel or the first few chapters in acts, Jesus is the redeemer. dennis

I put this in another post. there seems to be a misunderstanding as to what I wrote????? Why I do not know? Jesus who died on the cross took the keys of death away from satan sets us free from death. This is the basis of the faith. How can one be so blind as to disagree. We are saved by the death on the cross.

Our sins are wiped away by jesus.

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 May, 2010 08:41 PM

Yeah...not sure what this is about...Satan is cast into hell when Jesus comes back. The only verse I can think of to support this is...

"An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign will be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah. For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the whale's belly, so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth" (Mt 12:40)"

And in order to make that into "support" you have to really stretch it. It's saying that for three days and three nights, Jesus was under the control of sinful beings and tormented on the earth. This secret cave in the earth called "hell" that is the "home of the devil" is a pagan belief. The devil has horns, a tail, and a pitchfork too:rolleyes:...if you believe that, I've got some swampland to sell you:laugh:.

Job 21:27Behold, I know your thoughts, and the devices which ye wrongfully imagine against me.

28For ye say, Where is the house of the prince? and where are the dwelling places of the wicked?

29Have ye not asked them that go by the way? and do ye not know their tokens,

30That the wicked is reserved to the day of destruction? they shall be brought forth to the day of wrath.

31Who shall declare his way to his face? and who shall repay him what he hath done?

32Yet shall he be brought to the grave, and shall remain in the tomb.

2 Peter 2:9The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

We do not become immortal and go to heaven when we die.

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 May, 2010 08:43 PM

>

King James Version

51Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. 55O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? 56The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. 57But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 May, 2010 08:47 PM

well uh, i see that the apostle's creed has some elaborations... to say the least. i was replying to the inconsistencies in his conclusion. you all's responses send me searching and i did find out about the apostle's creed and the whole ascended and took the keys from lucifer etc.

i can testify that i was on my way to hell and when i called out for Jesus and he came for me:rolleyes: so it is not far fetched for me to believe that he put lucifer in his place. what i saw on my approach were souls, everywhere, it was dark and they were screaming out as i approached, it's not until Christ took me away from those critters that i realized what they were screaming about, they were calling for him. i do not know why i was taken, but lucifer thinks he has some right to me:rolleyes: little does he know:nahnah: that i'm rolling with Jesus:peace: so um, yea, it's not far fetched for me to believe he went to hell and took away lucifer's authority over death, i should be dead a million times over:laugh: Jesus is the only reason i'm alive

psalms 16:10... my Jesus, my Jesus... :boxing:

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 May, 2010 10:36 PM

Steve I am going to follow your lead, you give calvin to much credit, there is no truth none whatsoever in your statement, Satan is not on the lord's leash that statement in and of itself is evil, My Father does not collabarate with Satan on any level. The word says Satan is the God of this world because Adam and Eve turned it over to them, now Jesus went beyond that, but Satan is still God of this world he is still dominating the unsaved, and the saved that are ignorant to the truth and all the time. They think I am on a leash, they bought into one more of my lies.

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 May, 2010 10:45 PM

Well it is like this, if there is no hell, there is no heaven,Re 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 May, 2010 04:55 AM

PhilipJohn

You are the only one mentioning Calvin,you must have a crush on him or something,also,like I said brother your hearts in the right place,but your study skills are just not cutting it..........read very carefully

6 One day the angels [a] came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan [b] also came with them. 7 The LORD said to Satan, "Where have you come from?"

Satan answered the LORD, "From roaming through the earth and going back and forth in it."

8 Then the LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil."

9 "Does Job fear God for nothing?" Satan replied. 10 "Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land. 11 But stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face."

12 The LORD said to Satan, "Very well, then, everything he has is in your hands, but on the man himself do not lay a finger."

Then Satan went out from the presence of the LORD.

I hope you can comprehend this,Im sick of going over this with you

In Christ

Steve

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 May, 2010 05:02 AM

PhilipJohn,what I mean by Satan being on a leash is,he can do nothing that the father does not allow!

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 May, 2010 07:28 AM

Right....God says "This far and no further". Unfortunately Satan likes to push it to the limit every time...stupid Satan:devil::dunce:. I don't think God tells hims what to do though. I believe Satan has power over sin, people who sin fall under his power....only crying out to God for repentance can save us, otherwise we just fall deeper and deeper until we can't see the light anymore.

:peace::peace:

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 May, 2010 08:49 AM

Jesus took the Keys of Death and made His Presance Known ! Other than that He did nothing ( TO ) Satan for the Hour of Satans Judgement and Eternal Damnation has yet to come....xo

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 May, 2010 08:52 AM

I do have to concern myself with other things for a few days.

Nephew is in the hospital.I am very distracted, it is serious.

appendictiss / burst, so you all later-Dennis

Page : 1 2 3 4