Author Thread: What Jesus did to satan in hell
Admin

What Jesus did to satan in hell
Posted : 19 May, 2010 01:04 PM

My bible tells me that when Jesus died he went to hell and took the keys of death back.Thus is what he died on the cross for, Right?????? I know this to be true. In the old testament before grace satan had the keys to death. Now Jesus has them. he saves us by salvation. Thus jesus is the King of this world, (god)

For me to say any different I believe would call god a liar.This I can not and will not do. Jesus took it all back. Just read all 4 accounts of the crucfixion in the gospel or the first few chapters in acts, Jesus is the redeemer. dennis

I put this in another post. there seems to be a misunderstanding as to what I wrote????? Why I do not know? Jesus who died on the cross took the keys of death away from satan sets us free from death. This is the basis of the faith. How can one be so blind as to disagree. We are saved by the death on the cross.

Our sins are wiped away by jesus.

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 May, 2010 09:29 AM

Okay Steve Back at you, in the manner you sent it to me, the bible is clear you must establish a thing on two or three scriptures, I understand you like to point out Job and that the lord is Sovereign over all things but we are talking about what the bible teaches not the teaching of man, if you are teachable you will find out what and why all that happened to Job happened.The bible teaches Satan is the God of this world legally, and you also keep saying and implying, the father and Satan have a working relationship, that Speaks very evil of my father. He himself said he does not look upon evil.

Now when you say I am wrong please correct yourself, and say the bible is not true, I never post an opinion only what the Bible teaches I did not write the Bible, and also my bible teaches that Jesus is the word and that is what I believe.

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 May, 2010 11:29 AM

philiipjohn I never said God and Satan have a working relationship,I just dont think you understand the meaning of most words,when I use the word sovereign,I mean that he has all power and complete control,nothing ultimitately happens without god allowing it.If you cant see this simple point in the scripture that I pointed out,then any further conversation between you and I would be futile.

In Christ

Steve

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 May, 2010 11:40 AM

I do understand and your statement is in direct disagreement with scripture, I understand what you say, but our priority should be what the word of God says.

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 May, 2010 02:26 PM

no you dont understand,and you demonstrate that over and over,and everyone knows you have no understanding but you,I will pray that God will quiet you down so that the adults can have a discussion.

In Christ

Steve

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 May, 2010 04:09 PM

Of course I hear what you say, but I also know you are not everybody. Hey Steve who loves You baby.

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 May, 2010 04:16 PM

Dennis, if you come back to this at some point, know that I am praying for your nephew.

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 May, 2010 10:57 PM

you tell them jude

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 May, 2010 08:14 AM

PJ ~ LOL...I did tell them...:rolleyes:...xo

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 May, 2010 09:04 AM

I do not believe that Jesus went to Hell after he died. I remember debating about this in one of my Theology classes, there is a verse in the Bible that talks about Jesus going down to the depths and many people believe that to mean Hell but I believe it means Earth. I thought the verse was in Philippians, but I can't seem to find it.

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 May, 2010 09:41 AM

The verse is ~ KJV

Eph 4:9 Now that he ascended what is it but that he also decended first into the lower parts of the earth ?

The Apostles Creed is where it stated that He ( Christ ) decended in to Hell...which is not part of the Bible.

I find know where in the Bible the Words or verse that state Jesus decended into Hell...xo

Page : 1 2 3 4