Author Thread: Old black and white movies...
Admin

Old black and white movies...
Posted : 21 May, 2010 03:17 PM

Anybody else love the innocence and type of acting from the old classics? My favorites are 12 angry men, Sorry, Wrong Number, and Charlie Chan movies.

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 May, 2010 07:34 PM

I don't know that I've seen any of those movies, but I like a lot of old movies. I have 12 Angry Men I have just never seen it. I really like Cary Grant, Doris Day and Tony Curtis. My favorite black and white movies are the Ma & Pa Kettle movies, Harvey, Bringing Up Baby, and To Kill A Mockingbird.

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 May, 2010 09:55 AM

Paper Moon was terriffic

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 May, 2010 03:17 PM

Katie, girl if you don't watch that movie!!! 12 angry men is the best! I normally don't like a lot of drama, but I can do it with the b & w movies. It has to be the original. They have a updated one that is only alright.

Thanks for the posts, yall.

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 May, 2010 08:25 PM

Brandon, I've never heard of Paper Moon. Who's in it and what year did it come out?

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 May, 2010 10:50 PM

Paper Moon came out in 1973 but is set in the depression era. Tatum O'Neal and her father Ryan were in it as the 2 main characters. Great story and how it plays out.

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 May, 2010 10:51 PM

And you can't go wrong with Alfred Hitchcock.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 May, 2010 11:38 AM

I agree Brandon. I actually was going to mention Alfred. He was ahead of his time. Some of his movies are a little disturbing to me now, and I wouldn't watch them, but his genius can't be argued.

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 May, 2010 09:49 PM

Katie.... as a youngin'' I used to watch Doris Day too! Me and my brother were into all the James Bond oldies (back then they were alll black and white).

Ok, so BG, yeah.... All the Sidney Poiter B/W movies.... A Patch of Blue, Mr Tibbs, and Lillies of the Field.... great acting!

Yeah Brandon.... Paper Moon... thumbs up! :glow:

DEEDEE72

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Oct, 2010 07:46 PM

I have seen all of those movies baby grl...Well a few of the Charlie Chan ones...Some suggestions

To Kill a Mocking Bird (Gregory Peck)

River or no Return (Marilyn Monroe)

No man of her own (Clark Gable)

It happened one night (Clark Gable)

I do love those movies because of the innocence and men were men and women were women..I have a hugh old movie collection. My mom made us watch them when we were little (my baby sister and I) and I still have a great love for old movies...

DEEDEE72

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Oct, 2010 07:48 PM

before you give up on Alfred Hitchcock you have to watch "Rear Window" and "The lady Vanishes"

Page : 1 2