Author Thread: help..
Admin

help..
Posted : 21 May, 2010 06:52 PM

where in the bible (if atall) does it say "you will be known as you are known" ? thanks in advance, oh and i am interested in any indirect scriptures also, but please don't post a novel:laugh::purpleangel:

View Profile
History
help..
Posted : 21 May, 2010 07:57 PM

I don't know what verse you are talking about. There is a verse in Galatians 4 that says "...or rather are known by God...", but I'm not so sure that is the verse you are looking for.

View Profile
History
help..
Posted : 21 May, 2010 08:20 PM

Hey Nyanda,:waving:

I think this is what you speaking about.

For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known. And not abide faith, hope, love,these three, but the greatest of these is love.

I Corinthians chapter 13: 12-13

View Profile
History
help..
Posted : 21 May, 2010 08:42 PM

ahhhhhh, i c. thanks for the replies.

wow, i would never have guessed it was that particular scripture. i have read it many times and never got that from it... don't think i ever will either... thanks again:glow:

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
help..
Posted : 22 May, 2010 10:09 AM

It's just saying that we will see the whole picture, the whole truth, when Jesus comes back.

:peace::peace:

View Profile
History
help..
Posted : 22 May, 2010 11:25 AM

The 1 Corinthians 13 verse is in reference to spiritual gifts, particularly the gifts of tongues and prophecy. It's explaining that our practice of these gifts will no longer be necessary after the consummation of our redemption--when we are glorified--because their practice is part of the imperfect world, that is, a "product" if you will, of partial, imperfect knowledge. The practice of those gifts will pass away, but the spirit of love behind them will not. The passage offers up reasons as to why spiritual gifts must be practiced with love... primarily, that they have no significance beyond that (or rather, short of that!).

View Profile
History
help..
Posted : 22 May, 2010 11:33 AM

Pixy are you speaking as though the gifts are not for today.

View Profile
History
help..
Posted : 22 May, 2010 09:00 PM

@PJ- Am I? I didn't think I was! What part of what I said is coming across that way? If you can let me know, then I'd be happy to rephrase/clarify so that there won't be any misunderstandings.

View Profile
History
help..
Posted : 22 May, 2010 09:59 PM

Thank you Pixy for clarifying.