Author Thread: Dancing: Biblical or Satanic?
Admin

Dancing: Biblical or Satanic?
Posted : 28 May, 2010 05:36 AM

I am curious what view other Christians take on dancing. I am not referring to dancing in the clubs or what you may see on mtv music videos. I am a dancer and use my art form to worship the Lord. I have danced in churches for years. When I teach dance classes I always use Christian music. Today, I received a chat from someone telling me that dancing is satanic and is a pre-sex act. I was really taken back by this. What are your thoughts?

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 May, 2010 02:53 PM

Here a nice piece for your edification...

Dancing has formed a part of religious rites and has been associated with war and hunting, with marriage, birth, and other occasions since the records of man began to be written. Dance grew out of three basic human reactions (1) the desire to imitate movement of beasts, birds, even the sun and moon (2) the desire to express emotions by gestures (3) gregarious impules.

Throughout the ages dancing has been associated with worship. Closely related to religious praises was the sacramental dance in which worshipers sought to express through bodily movement praise or penitence, worship or prayer. Percussion and other noise-making instruments seem to be native to the dance.

Does anybody 'member what God did to Michal for condemning David for his dance before the Lord's Ark? (II Samuel chapter 6)...

Psalm 149, continue what you're doing for the glory of the Lord. You're not dancing to bring the person who told you dancing was of the devil, you're dancing for God's glory and Him alone! Maybe the person who told you such a demonic lie, should him/herself start dancing, and just maybe he/she will be set free from their own demonic influences....heeeell

lll-lo:applause:

Plus, Psalm 149, all you had to do was read your own screen name Psalm 149 for your answer:

Praise ye the Lord. Sing unto the Lord a new song, and his praise in the congregation of saints.

Let Israel rejoice in him that made him, let the children of Zion be joyful in their King.

LET THEM PRAISE HIS NAME IN DANCE. LET THEM SING PRAISE UNTO HIM WITH THE TIMBREL AND HARP...

Keep it moving Psalm 149, and pay no mind to the legalist/moralist who try to keep the law of thier own minds to please God. God has made a list of those things He considers sinful that seperate us from him... can't find dancing on His list:ROFL::dancingp::dancingp::yay:

ella

nepb47

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 May, 2010 11:21 PM

I think that is a difficult question, because we don't want to cause other people to stumble and some people stumble a lot easier than others. You never know how other people will take it.

But that does bring up the question of weather or not Christians should go to clubs and dance?

NEPB

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jun, 2010 03:17 PM

Thank you everyone for your comments!!!!

milton2010

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jun, 2010 06:21 AM

according to scripture, I see that King David dance before the Lord in honor...

maybe this is what David Crowder sings about when he sings "...he will become even more undignified than this..." truely it is all about the heart of the individual or group of dancers. I personally love dance and movement, as it is the drumset of the soul, or perhaps the emotional eclipse of inner parts. considering that we as people often look on the "...outward but God looks at the heart..." we can be mistaken as to the true intent of ones heart. On the other hand dancing that is seductive (as perceived initially) is perhaps clearly evident...but maybe not. The wonderful side of dancing (at least for me) tells a story that words or a picture cannot. It is the very depths of the heart and soul that come alive and narrate a phenomenal response or reaction to the movement. I have been driven to tears on account of dance and touched at the very core of my being at various times. I don't know how to explain it , but it just is. my other response as to this subject is that...we can delight in speaking our opinions on the matter, but at the same time, we must be cautious in establishing a dogmatic view based purely on opinion or feeling and not built around Biblical soundness. well thats my take on the subject!

ps that's is really cool that you dance as a ministry!! I often wonder if I might be used to that capacity someday!

take care,

Milton

Elizabeth46

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Aug, 2013 10:22 AM

from what i understand Davied danced before the lord. the bibleto worship hem with a song and a dance an shout.

aussiegirlzoe

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Feb, 2014 06:32 AM

Dance, like maths, art, song, drama, is a form of communication.

Emotions can be portrayed by the most subtle of movements.

A talented dancer can portray anger, rage, fear, love,tenderness, sorrow,joy, ecstasy, in a way that can move their audience profoundly and touch their hearts..

With any form of communication there is a need for responsibility in the intent of the person conveying the message.

As Christians we are called to not cause another person to stumble.

Therefor a dancer needs to be very sure of their intent and real motives for dancing in the way they do.

I personally believe that it is perfectly alright for christians to dance as long as they are not intentionally using their body to express sexually or morally improper messages.

If a woman or man wanted to dance in private fortheir marital partner, then how they dance in private is a matter between the two of them within the sanctity of their marriage.

How a dancer performs in public and how a christian dances in public, wether to entertain an audience or in a social dancing situation, should be free of impure thoughts and actions.

Dancing is a natural human expression of feelings and can convey so much.

As previously mentioned by other posters, David danced for joy before the Ark of the Covenant when it was being carried through the streets of Jerusalem.

He was so filled with joy that he did not care if anyone in the general public thought he looked silly. His focus was on rejoicing before GOD.

If the heart is pure, and the intention is pure, then the dance the dancer is performing would not be portraying anything corrupt,sinful.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jul, 2018 03:33 PM

the person doesnt know what there talking about,dancing is of the Lord,many say they love jesus and are christian but sadly they come with a religious tag on them,in the bible david loved to dance before the Lord.the bible always speaks the truth but people make up there own assumtions.

Page : 1 2