Author Thread: Quick comment...
Admin

Quick comment...
Posted : 1 Jun, 2010 08:17 PM

Just wanted to remind us all of a couple of things...

1) Remember that as brothers and sisters in Christ, we are to build each other up in the faith according to where we each are in our walks. Not tear down.

2) "... no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, �Jesus be cursed,� and no one can say, �Jesus is Lord,� except by the Holy Spirit." Peter, Paul, and Apollos all had different theological views. That definitely didn't make all but one "satanic" or blasphemous. They all confessed our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. They all had the same Spirit within them.

While it is a good thing to test yourself in your faith, developing perseverance, we need to be careful not to pull others down in the process. Here's how Paul put it... "So this weak brother, for whom Christ died, is destroyed by your knowledge. When you sin against your brothers in this way and wound their weak conscience, you sin against Christ. Therefore, if what I eat causes my brother to fall into sin, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause him to fall."

One last quote from an amazing man of God, then I'm done. "We know that we all possess knowledge. Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up. The man who thinks he knows something does not yet know as he ought to know. But the man who loves God is known by God." I hope this has been encouraging, but I hope more so that it has been refreshing. I can tell you that it was refreshing to me when I reread this passage. I hope it does the same for you.

In Christ

Garrett

View Profile
History
Quick comment...
Posted : 2 Jun, 2010 05:16 AM

Amen

View Profile
History
Quick comment...
Posted : 2 Jun, 2010 08:17 AM

AMEN !!!...Thanxs Kidlet JF...hava Blessed day...xo

View Profile
History
Quick comment...
Posted : 2 Jun, 2010 08:46 AM

So it is a good saying that faith worketh by love!!

It is also a good saying that love worketh by faith!!

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Quick comment...
Posted : 5 Jun, 2010 10:45 AM

:rocknroll: Always nice to hear a voice of reason!

:peace::peace: