Author Thread: The Goal?
Christiancowboy1

View Profile
History
The Goal?
Posted : 2 Jun, 2010 09:07 AM

Christians-which means Christ like, or to follow Christ. Christ came into the world to not condemn, but to save the world. Christ possesses and possessed more knowledge and wisdom then anyone on earth, for he is God and knows all things. Knowing this, he did not set out to prove how far supior he was then everyone else. No, to the contrary! His whole goal and purpose was for people�s hearts to be changed from following the Law, to following him and realize that through him salvation was and is given freely to all who would believe and follow him. So he had a mission of helping others understand and see the new from the old. He did not go about this by pouring out all he knew which is far above others everyone�s head and what they can understand. No, he started out simple and used parables and others ways to help them understand. For he had but one goal and purpose, that was that all would be saved and have salvation. The Holy Spirit put this upon my heart sometime back. Showing me Christ�s own words when he said his people parish because they do not understand. This showed me that my goal following him was to help others come to understand his truth. It is all very simple and easy when we humble ourselves and desire that all come to understand and receive the free gift of their salvation they been given through Christ Jesus Our Lord. I write this because I know how easy it can be to surge ahead grabbing all the knowledge and wisdom we can, or think we are gaining, but what is the purpose of it? Does it gain us anymore salvation? No! It can be used wisely to better his Kingdom, and our own walk, but is the goal of Christ himself who lives through us as the Holy Spirit, desiring that all receive his love and understand the salvation they have through him.

When we read each of the books of the apostles and listen to their teaching. I have noticed that each ones first and upmost concern is the salvation of all and sharing the love and good news with all. Helping all come to understand. We see in Phil. How Paul and Timothy are so humble and think nothing of themselves, but of others. Then in Romans how Paul goes into detail explaining the difference between the Law and Grace, all to help others understand. It was all for Christ�s purpose and glory, and nothing to bring glory or honor, or how smart he was and show how blessed he was by the Lord with all the knowledge and wisdom he had been blessed. Therefore, because of his own humility the Lord blessed him with more knowledge and wisdom. My point is here is that our goal as followers of Christ is that all come to him, for he loves all. May we keep in mind always others and the goal of helping them in love to come to understand and receive their salvation. Yes then their is growth too, which we must keep in mind too to help them one step at time. May prayers is that our agenda will always be others and seeking ways to lift them up. The Goal-The Love Of All.

Gods Continued Blessings And Love,

David

View Profile
History
The Goal?
Posted : 2 Jun, 2010 09:12 AM

Amen the greatest desire of the heart of the father is that all would come to be saved!!

View Profile
History
The Goal?
Posted : 2 Jun, 2010 09:17 AM

:applause: unconditional love is our mission, we are the light, we are the salt. but if the salt has lost it's flavor where with shall it be salted? Lord have mercy when we forget our job and try to do yours... God bless cowboy:purpleangel: