Author Thread: Why did Paul say love your wife?
shepherdingking

View Profile
History
Why did Paul say love your wife?
Posted : 2 Jun, 2010 03:53 PM

Jesus says "If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his...wife...and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple"(Luke 14:26).

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Jun, 2010 04:04 PM

The Verse you are quotein is Jesus* is statein that we are to not put anyone or thing befor him...ifin you are to be a Deciple...

Paul said Love yer wife becuz ya jus should...what Paul was statein an what Jesus stated are in differant Books of the Bible an do not pertain to the same subject matter...xo

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jun, 2010 10:57 AM

How do we do that Ms. Jude?:

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jun, 2010 12:25 PM

Well its purty darn simple PJ.... might I suggest ya both go to the Bible an read each one from start ta finish an compare the two...This is what is called Studyin the Word...

Ya see...each book in the Bible is a complete account of somethin very important ta GOD an Man...each book in the Bible has a Beginning a Middle an a End...

Where it begins, what happened an what is the end result...Soooo...without Readin the Intire Book/Chapte from start ta finish a Person Wont/Cant See or Understand the Characters, Context, Point, Moral of the Story, Parable an Lesson that Gods Word is conveyin...xo

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jun, 2010 04:11 PM

Hey guys, how could you even use one verse for a point.

Gods jude is so right.

These are two verses.

judas hung himself.

Go do like wise

would you do it?

I would not.satan said the word to Jesus, but it was half truths. paul did write- husbands love your wives as Christ loves the church. Wives submit yourself to your husbands like church submits to christ.

Remember Jim Jones? he said the word and gave people Kool Aid.Hmmmmmmm

When writing the word, please do it correctly.Some of you accuse others who write the word of saying the word is a lie.

I have read your post.Who made you right? :bow: If you want to ge a woman do not write hate your wife. That is just so wrong.Had I said that when I was married it would have been sleep on the couch night. End of marriage real fast.

Ever read your marriage vows- DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will love and cherish

to death do us part

better or for worse

sickness and health

When you slam women watch out boys.

I will pray you survive:prayingf::prayingm:

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jun, 2010 05:08 PM

Dennis,

You're over reacting in this... Funny, I just taught on Luke 14:26 about a month ago at my church its regarding being a committed witness for Christ and the gospel.

Firstly, Shepherd is doing as GJ has stated he is mixing two (2) scriptures together, and saying another thing in his topic.

Secondly, this scripture that is posted is not downing women if when you place it as GJ states in its proper place.It about being a witness as I stated for Christ.

Luke chapter 14: 26, Jesus is speaking to the crowd of people following him. There were many who followed Jesus who were NOT true believers,they followed in words only, but had no deeds as an example of their commitment to Him, and there were some who were spies sent by the pharasees to catch Jesus saying something so that they could have cause to kill him.

When you read chapter 8, verses18-22 of Matthew you will find a similar story as to why Jesus stopped and said what he said to the crowd following him, which is a different crowd, in Luke but the same who were following Him because He was popular, they were not serious in their commitment. Even today People followed Jesus just to be in the crowd in churches, this tis the smae with the 1st century people who followed because he was famous and popular.

Luke chapter 14: verses 26-27: And great multitudes went with Jesus. And He turned and said to them: If anyone comes to Me and does not HATE his/her father and mother, WIFE and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and evne his/her own life also, he/she CANNOT be MY disciple. And whosoever does not bear his/her cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple.

The word HATE as Jesus has used here is not hate as we know hate to be... He is speaking about a willingness to put aside ALL people, places and things in our life to follow him as His disciple. No hinderances to stop us from fulfilling our commission ministery to GO into all the world with the gospel of Jesus, to save the lost and comfort those in need. Making the sacrifice for the sake of the gospel as the disciples did in devotion and loyalty to Christ in total commitment. Its the same meaning as when God says, Jacob I have loved, but Esau I HATED. God is not speaking about hate in the manner we understand hate to mean.

Also, Remember, Peter telling Jesus that they had given up everything to follow Him> And Jesus told Peter, that he nor anyone who gives up husband, wife, children, mother father, land , houses or whatever to follow him, this person will be recompensed in this life, and the eternal life to come.

The problem lies in the fact, that Shepherd has posted a topic relating to one thing which is Ephesians chpater 5 where Paul tells the man to love his wife as Christ loved the church, and a scipture concerning another matter in Luke chapter 14, where Jesus is telling those who wish to be his disciples to be willing to make a sacrifice to give up everything, these are two different matters again, as GB has ponted out.

ella

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jun, 2010 05:12 PM

ok I understand Ella-Dennis:peace:

shepherdingking

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jun, 2010 03:54 PM

Deuteronomy 24:5 says a new husbands is excused from military service one year that he may please his wife. Jesus sees that excuse in the (vs20) parable He uses in Luke 14. the chapter starts out with questions about the Law vs.3. and should you obey the sabbath or God.

In Ephesians 5, the chapter statrs by saying we Christians, vs.2, need to love one another as Christ loved the church and gave Himself for it.

In this way it may be biblical to say a wife should to love her husband as Christ loved the church and gave Himself for it. But the wives are not the ones who need to be reminded to love their husbands.

IMHO, I think wives already lay their lives down more naturally. Husbands need to be reminded not to take them for granted. But On the wives part, they are reminded to respect the husband. Why? it is not because they have to earn it. The Biblical reason Men / husbands deserve respect is because of seniority. They came first. The woman was made for man.

If a man worships his wife puts her on a pedestal and prefers her above God (Luke 14:26) and if that same wife shows him no love or respect he looses out all around. :dunce:

is about Christians loving one another. And it for some reason it is necessary to remind husbands to love their wives. But the chapter starts