Author Thread: Just wondering
Admin

Just wondering
Posted : 2 Jun, 2010 07:36 PM

Do you think very many Christians believe in absolute Truth? If they did wouldn't they also have the ability to find it and know it and so live by it? Isn't Christianity really just another religion? If it isn't then why does it look like one?

The entanglements of defining faith, doctrine and true religion seem to have taken precedence over reflecting the loving nature of our beloved Savior. Do we take up our cross while we put down our brothers? Do we kneel at the altar to confess while our sins are waiting at the door for us when we leave? Do we talk about the evils of others in order to make ourselves feel righteous? Are we any different from the Pharisees and Sadducees?

The Lord of Forgiveness died for more than Theology, Religion and our right to spew the foolishness of our own thoughts. He died that we might live. If being forgiven for being what you are so that you can be made into something you could never have otherwise been is not enough to give you cause to put down your own life and bear the burden of the foolishness of others that they might learn of the power of Salvation then what will it take?

Thunder

View Profile
History
Just wondering
Posted : 2 Jun, 2010 10:16 PM

It is a good point!!

View Profile
History
Just wondering
Posted : 2 Jun, 2010 11:56 PM

Thunder... it is great to hear from you again. And I have found myself asking the same questions. Thanks for the reminder and the encouragement, man.

In Christ

Garrett

View Profile
History
Just wondering
Posted : 3 Jun, 2010 12:46 PM

thunder i've stopped wondering. we treat the living God as though he is dead, i've said it before. we all but nullify our relationship with him, because we do not treat it the same as with our tangible friends. All Hail King Jesus! Who was and is and is to come! *he and i are friends*:glow: :bouncy:

View Profile
History
Just wondering
Posted : 3 Jun, 2010 12:47 PM

oh, it's good to see you back! how's the new place? you like my puppy? he's not actually mine but soon!:laugh:

View Profile
History
Just wondering
Posted : 3 Jun, 2010 05:34 PM

Thanks for the post Thunder,Dennis

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Just wondering
Posted : 3 Jun, 2010 08:30 PM

T - I think many Christiians know the truth, but pick and choose what they see with there "eyes'... will or will not be most beneficial to them in this earthly life.... you say "wouldn't they also have the ability to find it and know it and so live by it?" Well no... It still comes back to what we as believers are willing to stand firm in our spiritual foundation on. Many can believe the Word of God is true, yet the same will decide again and again what parts they will live/not live out in there own lives, and that is the problem.

I feel everyone has some kind of faith, doctrine they believe in, but I also feel that there is some part of that same faith, doctrine, that they may not yet be willing to live out in there own lives... There in lies the biggest problem... we talk about loving others as Christ loved the church, the body of Christ. God gave up His Son, Jesus Christ for us. What right do we really have to pick and choose (in the big scheme of things.....) to say "no Lord, my way of truth is better that what you've laid out for us" ... In my own walk, this I'm questioned with almost daily. I appreciate you posting.

~ GraceMae

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Just wondering
Posted : 5 Jun, 2010 02:22 PM

It's a tough course to follow...to know what is truth and what isn't? Thankfully we have a perfect advocate/example. It really is so simple. Walk like Jesus walked. Do what Jesus did. All our questions about truth and doctrine pretty much disappear. Jesus IS the truth. Jesus is the only way to life in more ways than one. Jesus did all we need to do. What happens after we die? It doesn't matter. We need to be more worried about how we're living. Live like Jesus and you will die in God's arms. Can we have hope that we're saved? Yes, if we're following Jesus to the best of our ability/knowledge. Learn His character, follow His path. We can never go wrong by following the only perfect Human. All this lame theology stuff falls by the wayside. Avoid hypocrisy/pride. Love everyone more than you love yourself. Obey God out of love. Yes...it is SO hard...but it is also SO simple.

:peace::peace:

monalee

View Profile
History
Just wondering
Posted : 6 Jun, 2010 02:12 PM

hi.. although I get your point very plainly I do feel that God does have a Church, a People, a Religion.. It does not matter what religion or culture we are raised in, once Gods Spirit is Allowed to Rule then we are a New Person in Christ... If we are submitted to the Holy Spirit we will have Fruits of The Spirit, these are the Attributes which separate us from being like the pharisees...Gods Religion is His Law, it is the Standard, the Benchmark and the Seal of God.. God has made it plain : My People keep my Commandments and have the faith of Jesus:.. blessings