Author Thread: Movies about love
Admin

Movies about love
Posted : 5 Jun, 2010 10:48 AM

I'm not the biggest fan of outright romance movies, but there've been a few movies I've seen that will have a genre other than romantic, and I'll be watching it and be like 'this is a great love story'. Just off the top of my head, I've thought that about The Buddy Holly Story, The Coal Miner's Daughter, and (brace yourselves) Kill Bill at the end when Beautrix and Bill confront each other.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Movies labeled as other than romance, that unexpectedly turned out to be unconventional love stories and if so what were they?

View Profile
History
Movies about love
Posted : 5 Aug, 2010 09:49 PM

i'd have to say that The science of sleep is a great movie. it's a lopsided love story thought (not a typical movie)

it deals with a person with schitzophrenia (spelling?) that is stuck in a dream world half the time, but conscious for the other half but he can't always tell what is his dreams and his reality. it's by the same person that directed "eternal sunshine of the spotless mind"(jim carey in a serious love story, also i recomend).

the problem that conflicts me though is that there's a lot of "f-bombs" and other stuff. i understand films should look real but how "real" is all the cursing, etc.? it'd be good without all that junk. music is hard to sort through too that's not bland, but still christian.

NicoleMarieG

View Profile
History
Movies about love
Posted : 14 Oct, 2010 04:58 PM

Ill throw this one out here and see if it makes sense to anyone else...

Almost Famous.

Its a comedy-drama about a teenage journalist in the early 1970s. And how he is trying to be a music journalist. Rolling Stone ends up reading some of his articles from Cream magazine and they are insanely interested. But they think he is in his 20s. Mind you, the kid is 15 years old. But extremely smart and a talented writer. He ends up touring with the fictional band, Stillwater.

He ends up meeting Penny Lane. A legendary "band aid". But she is with one of the band members.

His relationship with her changes toward the end of the film. And while it may not end the people think, its a love story.

His love for her. Her love for the guitarist of Stillwater. And the ultimate love of music. And what the love does to people.

I am...a huge fan of Almost Famous. It is definitely one of my all time favorite flicks. And it doesn't get classified as a love story or romance movie. But I think you can toss it in that category.

If you love classic rock. If you have ever loved a silly piece of music so much it hurts. And if you have ever loved someone you couldn't have or thought you could have. ...Then you need to see Almost Famous.

=]