Author Thread: What do you think this passage means/
Admin

What do you think this passage means/
Posted : 7 Jun, 2010 01:59 PM

Hello people

I know its a lot of reading,but read this passage for me and then tell me what you think please.

�AT THIS TIME I WILL COME, AND SARAH SHALL HAVE A SON.� 10 And not only this, but there was Rebekah also, when she had conceived twins by one man, our father Isaac; 11 for though the twins were not yet born and had not done anything good or bad, so that God�s purpose according to His choice would stand, not because of works but because of Him who calls, 12 it was said to her, �THE OLDER WILL SERVE THE YOUNGER.� 13 Just as it is written, �JACOB I LOVED, BUT ESAU I HATED.�

14 What shall we say then? There is no injustice with God, is there? May it never be! 15 For He says to Moses, �I WILL HAVE MERCY ON WHOM I HAVE MERCY, AND I WILL HAVE COMPASSION ON WHOM I HAVE COMPASSION.� 16 So then it does not depend on the man who wills or the man who runs, but on God who has mercy. 17 For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, �FOR THIS VERY PURPOSE I RAISED YOU UP, TO DEMONSTRATE MY POWER IN YOU, AND THAT MY NAME MIGHT BE PROCLAIMED THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE EARTH.� 18 So then He has mercy on whom He desires, and He hardens whom He desires.

19 You will say to me then, �Why does He still find fault? For who resists His will?� 20 On the contrary, who are you, O man, who answers back to God? The thing molded will not say to the molder, �Why did you make me like this,� will it? 21 Or does not the potter have a right over the clay, to make from the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for common use? 22 What if God, although willing to demonstrate His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction? 23 And He did so to make known the riches of His glory upon vessels of mercy, which He prepared beforehand for glory,

In Christ

steve

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jun, 2010 02:45 PM

PJ by the words of Jesus himself, the road will be narrow the road less traveled.

Most people will take the wide road. It is easy in this life time.

By the way only christians are saved not any other religion.

Few will take the road less traveled- why- that is the road to Jesus, It is because we have to suffer for the cause of Christ and follow Gods rules.

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jun, 2010 10:58 PM

Hello everyone:

I believe this Scripture reveals, not only the Omniscience of the Lord to know that Sarah would bare a child:

This reveals the Lords Omnipotance to create life within the barren womb of Sarah.

This also reveals the Omnipresence of the Lord to also be in the future,for He will return at the appointed time.

Here the Lord also reveals that He is a merciful GOD;In those days a woman was considered cursed,if she

did not bare male children,and even more cursed if she did not bare any children(Hannah 1st Samuel 1:6-8).

The Lord not only reveals His Sovereignty over all of His creation,He also shows that He is faithful,

to keeping His word,even when men are not obedient to His call and Word.

I have to get some rest it is now 0200hrs Friday 11,Jun 2010

ps.I might add to this,as the Lord reveals more me and us.

trucker

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Jun, 2010 10:33 AM

But was it God's will that Abraham should have a child by Hagar, thus committing adultery/sin? I don't think so. It was in God's plan...but I do not believe it was God's "will". I think I have a different mindset about what "will" is though...I'll have to use a different word.

:peace::peace:

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Jun, 2010 05:37 PM

It is very simple Mark he never did take any of it away

Page : 1 2 3 4 5