Author Thread: The Greatest example of man's free will:
Admin

The Greatest example of man's free will:
Posted : 7 Jun, 2010 06:06 PM

Is shown from those that proclaim man is not able to choose life, or anything right.

They proclaim that Jesus died only for his elect, even though The word of God says whosoever believeth on him shall have everlasting life.

Jo 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

2nd cor 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jun, 2010 03:44 PM

So very True TruckerGeorge...after all the original Scripts where Hebrew, Aramaic an also Greek as ya said...which is all Hyroglypics ta me...:laugh:...so for this gal anyway...its been best ta use any an all trans/texts/strongs...etc...an ask alot of questions to...:rolleyes:...xo

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jun, 2010 03:46 PM

From the day I have been saved,I have studied the word of God with the lord Jesus and the helper, if the word of God is as you wish for others to believe it would make for a whole lot of confusion it is interesting how scripture's you want to use are true and the other's are not. The sounds very much like the tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil, you know the serpent said God did not say, even though he did.

The encouragement from the author of the word was, he would send us another comforter, as our helper. The

Holy Spirit

I ask you bible scholar's how the law of faith operates, and the law of sowing and reaping.

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jun, 2010 04:34 PM

Hey either this is begining to be fun for me,or I just like to take a good beating sometimes,hahahaha.

2nd Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore,if any man be in Christ,he is a new creature:old things have passed away;behold,all things are become new.

1.New creature/creation:

The word New (#2537 Greek),is the word Kainos which means,Qualitatively new as contrasted with Neos(#3501 Greek)Numerically new or the last one numerically.

This new means something that was not ever there.

A new life Jonh 10:10

A new heart,Ezekiel 11:19

A new mind Romans 12:2

A new will Matthew 26:39..James 4:13-15....1st John 5:14-15..

This is only possible by the Grace of the Lord.

Though,I can have faith to believe the Lord for all things,yet the Lord in His Sovereignty,gives me everything that I need for life(Zoe#2222 greek) and godliness..2nd Peter 1:3

I either have faith in faith,or do I have faith in Yeshua.

Faith in Yeshua is given to a person by the Lord in Grace.

Faith in faith cannot save a person.

Unless you believe that I Am you will die in your sins

John 8:24

Just more ramblings

trucker

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jun, 2010 04:43 PM

Hi Folks

I think the biggest problem people have with accepting the doctrines of grace is that they are really attached to their own "free will".Especially Americans.We are so lucky in this country to have been "graced" with so much free will in this country that we think it should extend throughout the universe,LOL

When will Christians wake up and realize that this is gods universe and he does what he wills,I mean the entire Bible is one big exercise in gods sovereign choices,I dont get how this is so hard for people to get!!!

Was jesus surprised when they crucified him,

was our father shocked when satan rebelled

or when eve ate the apple

Or when the famine came that drove josephs brothers to him ,wich in turn led the jews into captivity,so they could be led out by moses,so God could deliver his law.....ECT.

hmmm...seems like god chose the jews,but arminians dont have a problem with this.

of course his sovereign will could never reach us here in the 21 century,I mean we are above all that,......yeah sure

LOL

In Christ

Steve

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jun, 2010 05:12 PM

The topic is man having a free will,

Trucker what is your example for truth, the book of Calvin or the bible, The bible doesnot agree with anything you replied with as a response to the question, the question was what is the law of faith, and how does the law of sowing and reaping and the law of faith operate, these questions tie into the topic.

I understand what you are saying trucker but I go by what the word of God says

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

You say it is by Grace the word says it is by Faith

We are righteous before God and Justified by faith in the lord Jesus Christ.

The word also says that faith is not works

Romans 4:11 And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

Romans 4:12 And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

We are of our father A braham by faith

Romans 4:16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

17 � (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.

18 Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be.

19 And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sara�s womb:

20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;

21 And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.

22 And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.

23 � Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him;

24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

1 � Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

It could not be any clearer the grace is thru faith, is an action by man according to the word of God heard, that he is suppossedly unable to do, but the lord knew better.

This is not the answer to the law of faith, but the answer to all your rambling, as you say!!

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jun, 2010 05:23 PM

In this story Jesus says a man cannot even see the kingdom of God until he is regenerated,when asked how this happens Christs reply is not whosoever will,or whoever comes its a very very interesting reply,please read slowly and carefully praying that the Holy Spirit will reveal this to you.

1 Now there came a man of the Pharisees whose name was Nicodemus, a member of the council. 2 He came to Jesus at night and said to him, �Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could do the miraculous signs that you do unless God were with him.�

3 Jesus replied, �I tell you the solemn truth, unless a person is born from above, he cannot see the kingdom of God.�

4 Nicodemus said to him, �How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter his mother�s womb and be born a second time, can he?�

5 Jesus answered, �I tell you the solemn truth, unless a person is born of water and spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 What is born of the flesh is flesh, and what is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not be amazed that I said to you, �You must be born from above.� 8 The wind blows wherever it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.�

9 Nicodemus replied, �How can these things be?�

10 Jesus answered, �Are you the teacher of Israel and yet you don�t understand these things? 11 I tell you the solemn truth, we speak about what we know and testify about what we have seen, but you people do not accept our testimony. 12 If I have told you people about earthly things and you don�t believe, how will you believe if I tell you about heavenly things? 13 No one has ascended into heaven except the one who descended from heaven�the Son of Man. 14 Just as Moses lifted up the serpent in the desert, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 so that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.�

In Christ

steve

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jun, 2010 05:25 PM

OKay, PJ, Please rest assured of these things:

YOU are one of God's LIVING STONES and PRECIOUS to Him YOU are a part of God's ROYAL PRIESTHOOD

YOU are a WHOSOEVER who believed in Jesus Christ.

YOU a CHOSEN people.

YOU are an ELECT.

YOU are a CALLED

YOU have been PREDESTINED

YOU have been given FREE CHOICE by God , not free will becaue that would make you equal with Him in power, and you ain't created nothing..

Everyone who believes and receives Jesus Christ are included ,Therefore, YOU are NOt excluded, since you have been born again, not of corruptible seed, but incorruptible(Jesus), through the Word of God which lives and abides forever.

EVERYBODY IN THE WORLD WHOSOEVER YOU ARE... WHETHER YOU ARE A DRUNK, DRUG HEAD, PIMP, A WOMAN ON THE STREETS, AREFORMED/RESTORED HOMOSEXUAL, BLIND, CRIPPLE OR CRAZY... IF YOU CONFESS YOUR SINS TO GOD. AND ASK GOD TO FORGIVE YOU OF YOUR SINS, AND TURN AWAY FROM THOSE SINS. AND IF YOU HAVE FAITH AND BELIEVE IN THE LORD JESUS CHRIST THAT HE DIED ON THE CROSS FOR THE FORGIVENNES OF YOUR SIN. AND YOU BELIEVE THAT JESUS IS GOD"S ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, AND THAT GOD RAISED JESUS FROM THE DEAD, AND IF YOU ASK GOD TO GIVE YOU HIS HOLY SPIRIT. YOU TOO, ARE INCLUDED AS AN ELECT, CHOSEN, PREDESTINED, the CALLED, and the WHOSOEVER GROUP.

YOUR REWARD: And you will inherit the kingdom of God and become heir with Jesus Christ in His kingdom when He returns back to earth and in heaven.... otherwise, if you don't repent, and believe in Jesus Christ and receive Him as your personal Lord and savior... all I can say is that, you're going straight to hell to burn eternally forever with satan and all disobedient unbelievers! up come and personal!

PJ, For your homework Please READ I Peter chapters 1& 2 and Ephesians chapters 1& 2 Prayerfully, God will open your eyes to understand what you're reading with cleariity.

God bless,:glow: ella

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jun, 2010 06:38 PM

You gotta love Ella,ablessed woman of god!

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jun, 2010 09:57 PM

??????Yes Ella the verdict is in the word is true, Jesus is the way and the truth and the life and as aman was and is our greayest example of the will of man and the responsibility of man to exercise his will to choose life.

Jesus is lord

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jun, 2010 02:56 PM

Hello everyone,Especially PJ:

The question is:Is Graceand Salvation in Christ the result of my faith:Or is my faith and Salvation in Christ the result of Gods Grace upon my life.

I am Alpha Omega the beginning and the ending.

Revelation 1:8

Looking unto Yeshua the author and finisher of faith.

Hebrews 12:2

Buried with Him in baptism,wherein also you are risen with Him thorugh the faith of the operation of God,who has raised Him from the dead.

Colossians 2:12...The word operation here is the Greek word energeis#1753 SGC.

This is the word from which our Englih word Energy is derived from.

It is by the energy of God that a person believes in Yeshua.

Man is born without saving faith in Yeshua,he needs the Lord to give him/her saving faith in Yeshua

I will write more in a Bit

Page : 1 2 3 4