Author Thread: how would you pray?
Admin

how would you pray?
Posted : 10 Jun, 2010 02:16 PM

I would like people to write out a prayer for an unsaved relative,who they care for deeply,but resists the gospel

In Christ

Steve

P.S. you too Mark,lol

View Profile
History
how would you pray?
Posted : 10 Jun, 2010 09:40 PM

Steve here is something I put together as a track for a church I work with to hand out in street ministry. Its from First John chapter 1.

IF....

You died today, this very monent... where would you spend your eternal life? Will it be in heaven with the Lord Jesus Christ in the presence of God the Father and all of His glory? Or will it be in the pits of hell burning forever, in the presence of satan, and all those who have reject the Lord Jesus Christ? The choice is your's to make...

If ...

You say you have fellowship with God, and you walk in darkness, you lie and do not practice the truth.

IF...

You walk in the light as Jesus is the light, we have fellowship with each other, and the blood of Jesus Christ God's Son will cleanse you from all sin.

IF...

You say that you have no sin, you deceive yourself, and the truth is not in you.

IF...

You confess your sins, God is faithful and just to forgive you of your sins, and He will cleanse you from all unrighteousness.

IF...

You say that you have not sinned, you make God a lair, and His word is not in you.

Therefore, Repent of your sins, and be baptized! And receive the free gift of salvation which is the promise of the Father, to live forever with the Lord Jesus Christ in His presence. Amen!

View Profile
History
how would you pray?
Posted : 10 Jun, 2010 10:58 PM

My immediate family (parents + brother) profess to be Christians and we've all gone to church for ages now. BUT, for reasons I won't really get into here, publicly, I have a lot of reason to doubt their salvation. So, their salvation is something that I pray for on a daily basis. Basically, I open up my Bible to Ephesians 1:16-21 and I pray that aloud. Here's the text of it (NIV):

"I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength, which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every title that can be given, not only in the present age but also in the one to come."

For me, my family knows all the facts... but it's just like they don't really get it... like the Holy Spirit just hasn't touched their hearts in any way... They just seem so spiritually dead. So, this prayer seems especially applicable... and I know it's directed towards a church, but it just seems especially fitting to what I desire for my family.

I also pray that I'll be an effective witness. I pray that I will reflect Christ to them and that I'll exhibit the Fruits of the Spirit. I pray that I'll stay focused--that is, that I'll remember that the most important thing in my relationship with them is to point to Christ. And I pray for opportunities to discuss spiritual matters w/ them.

That's pretty much it =)