Author Thread: Worship
Admin

Worship
Posted : 11 Jun, 2010 02:32 PM

Hello everyone:

In the Gospel according to Saint John 4:24,Yeshua has a conversation with a woman,a woman of Samaria.

This woman has brought up the subject of Worship.

Yeshua says that we are to Worship tyhe Lord in spirit and in truth.

What is it to worship the Lord in Spirit and in truth.

Is it to sing songs:If so, when I sing songs by Elvis, Kansas,or some other group,does this mean that I am worshipping that group,or possibly worshipping the subject of the song.

Look at 1st Corinthians 14:1-33 concerning this matter.

View Profile
History
Worship
Posted : 11 Jun, 2010 02:43 PM

Worship is living in such a way that ascribes to God what He is worth. This includes specific acts of praise, witnessing, our attitudes, etc.

View Profile
History
Worship
Posted : 11 Jun, 2010 02:52 PM

Oh, and I think human ALWAYS worship something... Everything that we do reflects the service and exaltation of something/someone, even if it is only ourselves.

View Profile
History
Worship
Posted : 11 Jun, 2010 04:22 PM

Worship:could we also say Worthship.

"If I be lifted up from the earth,will draw all men unto me"

John 12:32

What does Yeshua mean to me,and How do I tell Him this.

View Profile
History
Worship
Posted : 11 Jun, 2010 10:20 PM

Ya, I like "worthship" =)

I love teaching worship to children; it is so much fun. Kids have so much energy and and are so uninhibited. I was the children's ministry person at my old church and I wrote the curriculum for the kid's sunday school and taught the class and we did this unit on worship, and it was great =)

The kids in my class were all REALLY into sports and always talking about football games and stuff... Blah... But anyway, so I brought in some pom-poms and those clapper things, and I told them that worship is kinda like what people do at a game when they're cheering for their team and holding up signs and stuff like that and then we made up cheers for God and the kids did the cheers w/ the poms poms and things. Super fun! =)