Author Thread: SEX AND THE WORD FOR MARRIED/SINGLES/WIDOWS...
Admin

SEX AND THE WORD FOR MARRIED/SINGLES/WIDOWS...
Posted : 12 Jun, 2010 04:46 PM

I Corinthinas Chapter 7...

Now concerning the things of which you wrote to me. It is good FOR A MAN NOT TO TOUCH A WOMAN.

Nevertheless, becasue of sexual immorality, let each man have his OWN wife, and let each woman have her OWN husband.

Let the husband rendor to his OWN WIFE THE AFFECTION DUE HER, AND LIKEWISE LET THE WIFE RENDOR TO HER OWN HUSBAND THE AFFECTION DUE HIM.The WIFE DOES NOT have authority over her OWN body, but the HUSBAND does. And likewise, the HUSBAND DOES NOT have authority over his OWN body but the WIFE does.

DO NOT DEPRIVE one another except with consent for a time that you both may give yourselves to fasting and prayer, and then come back together again, SO THAT SATAN DOES NOT TEMPT YOU, becasue of your lack of self control.

But I say this as a concession NOT as a commandment. For I wish that all men were even as I myself. BUT each person has his OWN gift from God, one in this manner and another in that. But I say to the UNMARRIED AND TO THE WIDOWS. It is good for them if they remain even as I am, BUT IF THEY CANNOT EXERCISE SELF-CONTROL, LET THEM MARRY. BECAUSE IT IS BETTER TO MARRY THAN TO BURN WITH

PASSION.

What say you?

shepherdingking

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Jun, 2010 11:33 PM

OK, should I give the opposition opinion/

Hitman has a point saying, "sex is what makes you married." In the biblical sense to KNOW somebody indicates sex. and was required to make a marriage official. On the other hand sexual sins are never required for wholeness.

The sexual sins of adultery, homosexual, incest, prostitution and bestiality are all called abominations and punishable by death (stoning). But sex between two single consenting adults is not even mentioned in the bible unless she is a virgin living in her fathers house. Deut. 22:28-29 says he must pay the bride price for virgins and may even be forced to marry her. Marriage can redeem the situation a little. By getting married they can make it right, sort of. At least the bible gives some indication that is the case. The choice to marry this person traditionally is the father's, but the girl may have something to say about it too.

But as for the other sexual sins that are called abominations, there is no way to redeem them. You cannot have homosexual sex and they try to redeem it by getting married to that person. Even though Some seek that for today.

King David was told you cannot commit adultery with another man's wife, have him killed and then marry her to make it all go away. 2 Sam. 12:9.

These abominable fornications, like in Rev 17:4, are distinctively abnormal & unnatural. But two young people still fall in love & have natural feelings which are perfectly normal and to be expected.

But I don't think ET is talking about two young people.

klmartin62

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Jun, 2010 02:45 AM

While adultery does have to include a married person, fornication, which the NT tells us is a sin, does not. It means sex outside of marriage.

Therefore, sex between two single people, young or old, is still a sin, though not adultery but fornication.

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Jun, 2010 08:53 AM

Shepard/Dave shared that Hitman has a point saying, ((( "sex is what makes you married." )))

I strongly disagree� It is a ***Covenant*** betwixt a Man an Women that is Required to make a Marriage Official. And the ACT of Consummating the Marriage is Sex�.

I disagree here also�In the biblical sense to KNOW somebody indicates sex.

Adam an Eve Co-Habitated an got to Know each other before they had Sex. People can get to Know someone prior to haven Sex�.its called Fellowship an Frienship�

The Bible an Word of GOD clearly states in Gen 4:1 ~ And Adam Knew Eve his Wife and she conceived�

This was after she had been tempted an deceived by Satan in Gen 3�

My Point here is that there is a order ta All things an Situations in Life...* Hearing the WORD an Knowing it is SIN...an continue to do yer Will instead of GOD's is still SIN...Period !!!! *

Right on Leon bout the Adultery an Fornication�.xo

shepherdingking

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jun, 2010 09:45 AM

OK, now we come full circle. Marriage is something that may or may not include sex? I don't know about other guys but most i've talked say that sex is one main reason to get married.

the problem is sex after not before.

and the problem w/sex before is it will give you a false impression of the sex after marriage.

Page : 1 2