Author Thread: The Lord's Supper;also know as breaking bread
Admin

The Lord's Supper;also know as breaking bread
Posted : 12 Jun, 2010 05:12 PM

Hello everyone:

The Lord had given this to me a number of years ago;I just wanted to share this with everyone here.

Seeing Yeshua in the breaking of bread.

1 st Corinthians 11:23-29;

Within this Scripture is the mandate that believers should proclaim the death of the Lord until He comes

Communion:What the elements represent and what happened at the Cross:

Remember in this Scriptures there is no mention of a Psator or Elders over this.There is no mention of a Worship band,or choir leading singing.

This is just a very simple meal,with Yeshua as the Head and Gracious host, and we are His Invited guests.

Remember the Greek word here for rememberance in 1st Corinthians 11:24 is Anamnesis#364 Strongs Greek:

This is a Commemoration or memorial supper;

At a Memorial we openly speak about the person.

This is not a time to confess sin,this is about Yeshua/Jesus and He alone.

This is not a time to be silent,but rather a time of rejoicing,for the Lords paschel lamb had been slain,and there is forgieness of sins.

1. The elements of/in the communion meal represent the Lord Jesus Christ both as the sinless/spotless Lamb of God,and also the sin bearer of/for man..

Two types of bread can be used at this time,matso which contains no yeast;represents Jesus/Yeshua as the sinless/spotless Lamb of God..

The other bread which contains yeast,represents Jesus/Yeshua as the sin bearer of/for man..Remember yeast in the Scriptures represents sin..Genesis 19:3.....Exodus 12:8,15,17....Matthew 26:17....Luke 22:1,7

2.The matso is made from ground wheat kernels/wheat flour and water..The water represents the Holy Spirit..

The wheat flour represents the Lord Jesus having been

(ground-broken)scouraged..

Thus we have I am the bread of life..John 6:48

Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die,it abideth alone:but if it die it brings forth much fruit..

John 12:24

Isaiah 53:4-6

3.The Matso has holes pierced into it...Jesus also was pierced...Psalm 22:16b..John 19:2,34

4.The Matso after being put into an oven,has brown stripes(the fire here symbolically represents the judgement of God.

Genesis 19:24

Isaiah 1:7

Fire is also a symbol for the Holy Spirit...Matthew 3:11...Acts 1:8..Acts 21-4

5.When we look at the Matso we see that is has four sides,yet each side is different from one another yet this is one piece of bread..

We have only one Gospel not four Gospels,yet we have four books Matthew,Mark,Luke and John and each one is different than the other..

And as the four sides of the Matzo meet an intersect at each corner,so to do the four books meet together

intersect, support and compliment one another..

6.As the Matzo is broken,so too Jesus was broken..Isaiah 53 entirely..Matthew 27:32-50

..............................................................................................................................................................................

The other bread could be Jewish rye or white,this bread has to have no seeds,only flour,water and yeast..

1.The flour represents Jesus/Yeshua..

The water represents the Holy Spirit..

The yeast represents sin/the sin(s)of man..

As yeast is added to the water and the flour it becomes dough..The dough begins to rise(put into a cool place)..

Since the garden of Eden and the fall of man sin in man has been growing,man is not getting better,man is getting worse as time moves ahead..

2.When the dough is put into an oven the fire and heat cause the dough to stop rising..

This dough before being put into an oven represents Jesus as mans sin bearer Isaiah 53...Zechariah 13:7

Jesus took the sin of man upon himself.

The Father did not allow man to lay their hands upon Jesus such as the Jews were commanded to do,with the bullock,goat and lamb...Leviticus 24 entirely....Leviticus 16 entirely..

3.While in the oven/fire the power of the yeast to cause the dough to rise has been stopped..

Though the yeast still remains in the dough,yet the yeast does not have any power over the dough..

Though Jesus bore my sins and judgement on the Cross at Calvary,sin still remains within me as I have this body to deal with until I put on my new body..

Yet sin does not have power over me..Romans 6:1-14.

4.The grape juice represents the Blood of the Lord Jesus..

To get the juice from the grape the grape has to be crushed,which is a very violent action.

So too was the Lord Jesus brutally scouraged and crucified..

In Exodus we read about the Blood of the Lamb and the Lords wrath passing over Israel when the Lord passed over Egypt and slew all of the firstborn of Egypt,this included both man and beast...Exodus 11-12..

I would like to say that there are four Passovers to remember when we break bread..

(1)The passing over of the Lords judgement of death..Exodus 12.

(2)The passing over of Isreal through the Red Sea and going into the promised land..Exodus 14 until Isreal enter into the promised land forty years later..

(3)The passing over of my sins unto Jesus..

(4)In Jesus I pass over from death unto life..John 5:24...Galatians 2:20.

(5)Jesus takes my sin,judgement and death at Calvary...

The wrath of the Father is poured out on Jesus and the Father forgives me because of Jesus..The Father gives

me faith to trust Yeshua as my Lord and Saviour...

Thus Jesus Blood is shed and the wrath of God passes over from me unto Jesus..

The wrath of the Father passes over from me unto Jesus as He takes me sins and the ensuing judgement of my sins upon Himself...

In trusting Jesus as Lord and Saviour the Father brings me from death unto life...John 10:10.

In trusting Jesus the Father brings me over to expecting the arrival of the new Jerusalem..Revelation 21 .

There is much more that could be said about the results of Calvary and what happens when one trusts,

Jesus/Yeshua as Lord and Saviour...

What the Lord says in His Word about Himself and myself and man are true..

Agape' and Shalom

trucker