Author Thread: Too Busy for peace
Admin

Too Busy for peace
Posted : 23 Jul, 2008 04:19 PM

Do you thank the Lord for the goodness He gives by small things? Things like the feeling of Sunday, the quiet serene feeling when the fresh snow covers the imperfections of the earth, the crisp smell of fresh rain, the smell of a pot of soup simmering on a blustery day?

As I read an article by Charles Swindoll, one among my very favorites, I sat back and digested some of his words. They rang true. He talked about how complicated our lives could get, and how we all needed to seek solitude.

In the midst of the offensive noicse of our modern world, the people, the cars, the sounds, the smog, the heat, the pressures, there stand those reminders of His deep peace. The running wave, the flowing air, the quiet earth, the sining stars, the gently night, the healing light....and from each, the blessing of the deep peace of Christ to you, to me.

Jim Elliot, the martyred missionary, eloquently expressed his own discoveyr of such peace in this jounal entry:

I walked out on the hill just now. It is exalting, delicious, to stand embraced by the shadows of a friendly tree with the wind tugging at your coattail and the heavens hailing you heart, to gaze and glory and give oneself again to God- what more could a man ask? Oh, the fullness, pleasure, sheer excitement of knowing God on earth! I care not if I never raise my voice again for Him, if only I may love Him, please Him....If only I may see Him, touch His garments, and smile into His eyes.

May the deep peace of our God cool and quiet our overheated souls.

Deborahe

View Profile
History
Too Busy for peace
Posted : 24 Jul, 2008 07:31 AM

The quiet times with Jesus bring peace; like a river.

Be still,and know that I am God : I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. Psalm 46:10

Great Post , redeemedone ! !

God Bless,

Deborah

View Profile
History
Too Busy for peace
Posted : 2 Aug, 2008 06:37 AM

I feel peace is an inward sanctuary that you have to allow to develop within your soul. I try to thank the Lord every day for the little things He blesses me with...ie...breath in my body, water to drink, a healthy body, a clear mind, etc...I also start out the day with my class in prayer with the same type of prayer. If we can teach each other to be thankful for the small things then we truely can appreciate the big things. When I come home late at night, there is a little space between the pine trees that show the glory of God in such a profound way. I relish the sent of the pines, the quiet sounds of nighttime nature, and the cool breeze He blows across my face before I retire for the evening. He also meets me in the sanctuary of my car each morning. In the midst of the aggressive traffic, I can block out the external elements of this world, turn on my worship music, and be in a peaceful state before my day begins...Just me and Him together....alone in the midst of a chaotic world. What peace!

strawberi50