Author Thread: A Struggle
Deborahe

View Profile
History
A Struggle
Posted : 25 Jul, 2008 11:59 PM

I guess this is the right place in the forum to post this, although I'm not struggling"with my faith". I Love the Lord with all my heart and would never turn away from Him. He's been with me through every trial; my ups; my downs; times when a friend couldn't be found, He was always there!

I'm struggling with myself, I suppose.

I've apologized on numerous occasions because something I

said may have offended someone. I,sincerely, do not want to hurt anyone's feelings. I find myself walking on eggshells,

because I don't want anyone to get upset. I'm not being true to myself by trying to "pretty up" something I feel the Spirit is leading me to say. It's the Truth that sets us free and

we are told to Quench not the Spirit. I am earnestly seeking God for an answer to my question,"Is it time for me to leave CDFF"? Sometimes the"between the lines" insults have caused me much pain; but I love the fellowship I share with

many true believers. Is Jesus leading me to go? or is that what the devil wants?

Please pray for me, Saints! This struggle is no fun!

Love in Christ Jesus,

Deborah :angel:

View Profile
History
A Struggle
Posted : 26 Jul, 2008 08:32 PM

I would hate for you to go Deborah. To be quite honest, I spend a lot of time at work or church and don't have much of a social life...mmm...need to change that...but I feel I have developed alot of friendships, here, and you being one. It seems like people I've come to know are leaving and maybe this isn't the place to develop real friendships. I don't know. This is the first place I've ever visited outside of the real world and have been encouraged, supported and entertained. Not everyone will have the same perspective on things but it seems like adults should appreciate the fact that we agree to disagree without animosity. Whatever your choice, I will support you and pray for you. You truely have encouraged me a long the way.

robin

Deborahe

View Profile
History
A Struggle
Posted : 27 Jul, 2008 07:23 AM

Thanks for your words of encouragement. A wonderful Blessing to start out with on this gorgeous Sunday morning ! Man has come a long way. As I read what you said about friendships made here; my mind drifted back to my grand-mother's front yard; aunts, uncles,cousins; gathered under the huge oak with grand-pa sitting in his wooden chair; and all us kids,eagerly watching down the dirt road, waiting to catch a glimpse of grand-daddy's friend who was coming for Sunday dinner. Wow! What a memory !

I'm Blessed to have a friend like you, strawberi. Isn't technology grand ?!

God Bless You,

Deborah

SusieQ8

View Profile
History
A Struggle
Posted : 27 Jul, 2008 08:59 AM

Sweet Deborah,

Truly your input is invaluable to the discussions on this site. . As for me, I perhaps joke about "rocks" and "buckets of rocks" but truly I am not hurt. I have been a Christian for my whole life incuding my catholic childhood. I have developed enough security in Christ and knowledge about the family of God to realize there are differences and diversities but the same Spirit.

I believe, The LORD is using these conversations and discomforts for sharpening and educational purposes.

I have heard a joke, I suppose, that the most faithful attendee of fellowship is Satan, always early, stays late, and gives personal attention to those who minister publically. He specializes in sowing tares: divisions, confusion, envy, competition, offenses, self-righteousness. pride, hurt feelings, imaginations, and a desire to leave. Often he uses others to inflict and afflict but often he uses our own weaknesses, old wounds, and insecurities.

I would really miss you!

:prayingf:

Susan

Deborahe

View Profile
History
A Struggle
Posted : 27 Jul, 2008 01:56 PM

Thank You, Susie. That meant so much to me!

God Bless You,

Deborah

View Profile
History
A Struggle
Posted : 29 Jul, 2008 02:11 PM

Dear Deborah, I cannot be on here lately because of work, but, when I read this, it broke my heart. You are of a pure heart, and sincere. You are most loved by so many more than you know. To leave would be a void to so many, including me. I realize that sometimes people wound each other, but be encouraged by all these words form people who love you! Be blessed with peace!

Deborahe

View Profile
History
A Struggle
Posted : 29 Jul, 2008 04:06 PM

Thank You, redeemed one. You're a dear friend.

God Bless You,

Deborah

italianscool

View Profile
History
A Struggle
Posted : 1 Aug, 2008 11:43 PM

I have struggled when i have tried to witness to

non believers on youtube. I have tried to witness

to athiests and satanists and all they do is curse at me and

get angry.I dont judge them or get mean with them, i

just tell them that i believe God is real and that he loves

them.I tell them that Jesus died for them and they call

me every name in the book! I dident expect them

to get saved on the spot,but they had such hatred for me.

I just feel that we christians should get out of our comfort zone and start bringing the gospel to everyone. Its hard

though, when you try to show them Gods love and you only

get negative responses. I sometimes wonder if i should

even bother, but then again, what if noone does? God loves

them and wants to save them just like he saved us. I will

keep you in my prayers sister please keep me in yours.

May God send us all where we should go.

Deborahe

View Profile
History
A Struggle
Posted : 2 Aug, 2008 04:40 AM

He that winneth souls is wise. My daughter has experienced the same hatred on some of those sites.The following scriptures are comforting:

Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil,for the Son of man's sake. Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in like manner did their fathers unto the prophets. Luke 6: 22, 23

You're right in thinking,"If I don't do it , who will"? I'm praying

God will continue to strengthen, Bless, and protect you as you go into places others may fear to tread !

Thank you for your prayers, italianscool :glow:

Love in Christ,

Deborah

Revelation22

View Profile
History
A Struggle
Posted : 12 Aug, 2008 03:51 PM

I think you made the right choice when you left, deborahe.

You did what God wanted you to. TRUST AND OBEY

HIS SPIRIT WILL NOT ALWAYS STRIVE !

They have eyes but they"see" not. They have ears but they "hear not".

italianscool,

I admire you ,my Friend !

:rocknroll:revelation22