Author Thread: The dreaded baby fat :O
Rabbit32

View Profile
History
The dreaded baby fat :O
Posted : 15 Sep, 2010 12:51 PM

Please take no offence by what I am about to say, cause I mean no offence, and I thank you in advance for your grace.

Why is it some women have such a hard time managing their weight after the birth of a child. It never ceases to amaze me the radical change that CAN happen to a woman after she bears a child. Just Curious :)

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Sep, 2010 07:08 PM

"And then after the pregnancy has basically ripped her body to pieces..."

Ugh =( That's some horrifying imagery there, Mark.

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Sep, 2010 07:15 PM

As far as gaining weight...

It's very early on in my pregnancy, but I pretty much vomit from like 4AM until the early afternoon... Don't keep food or fluids down during that time. And then, my tummy finally perks up and I become ravenous... like more hungry than I have ever been in my entire life. But I'm so exhausted that I don't want to actually make anything like a balanced meal. So I pretty feel like snacking constantly for the rest of the day. I don't, but I am eating more than I really want to and am terrified of how much weight I'm gaining. I've probably already gained like 10 lbs this week. Not sure because Mr. Scale is still packed away until I learn how to control myself around him =(

(Why is "p u k e" censored?)

Rabbit32

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Sep, 2010 07:29 PM

i gained weught w/ my ex.

two of the three pregnancies with her were horrible. We just didn't know how to fight fair, but she was a raving monster. The last pregnancy the best I knew to do was make myself scarce. I couldn't handle the constant conflict. At the time though I didn't know she wasn't a Christian, and I didn't know she had genral anxiety disorder.

Hang in there Pixy, we will walk with you through this as much as possible. :)

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Sep, 2010 07:54 PM

@Pixy - Hang in there, little Pixy...if you haven't already, you might try sipping some ginger ale, some of the herbal teas like mint, ginger or chamomile (they make some teas especially for nausea/morning sickness but I didn't particularly care for the taste) or actually sucking on a peppermint. Just please be sure to stay hydrated. This is hard by yourself, I know...(although Jesus is with you:-)...know you're being prayed over.

:laugh: P U K E ... who would'a thunk it. I guess some people find it offensive.

@Rabbit - Speaking of physiology, one of the more interesting facts I remember about pregnancy is that, by the end of term, a woman's blood volume has increased by 45-50%. Not much to do with baby fat, but pretty amazing.

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Sep, 2010 08:24 PM

Sorry:dunce:

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Sep, 2010 10:05 PM

@Rabbit32: Gud idea to start this thread, Ive seen my female friends are very under pressure after giving birth to lose weight. Some of them looked like trying to kill themselves by not eating *ack*

@Godhasndiwork: Nice question, Im kinda curious what they guys would reply here lol

@Mark: Now.. Dont u sound like the most wanted bachelor on earth :ROFL: :ROFL:

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Sep, 2010 09:38 PM

The peppermints are helping some! I still feel nauseous but have only puked twice today!

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Sep, 2010 07:40 PM

Pixie - keep some soup (soda) crackers beside your bed and eat a couple before you get up. I carried them to college with me to help with morning sickness. They have worked for me through 4 pregnancies.

Page : 1 2