Author Thread: Living at home
Admin

Living at home
Posted : 18 Aug, 2008 11:44 PM

I'm curious guys:

Is is a complete "not a chance" situation if a girl you're interested in lives at home?

Are there certain situations/circumstances or ages where you feel it is more acceptable and others that are unacceptable?

Revelation22

View Profile
History
Living at home
Posted : 19 Aug, 2008 04:50 AM

For me, her living at home would have nothing to do with whether or not I pursued the relationship. If the mutual attraction is there it wouldn't matter at all. If she was the one God had for me;------- we'd soon marry?; and she wouldn't be living at home very long anyway:ROFL::ROFL:

:rocknroll:revelation22

kidvid711

View Profile
History
Living at home
Posted : 19 Aug, 2008 06:59 AM

I don't get it? Living at home?

The bible is what set my limits.

View Profile
History
Living at home
Posted : 27 Aug, 2008 06:11 AM

I think this can be a complicated subject. If the friendship develops into courtship and further along finally marriage, staying with in-laws can be the worst thing you can do for your marriage. A great supportive family would be great on either side, but marriage is between one woman, God, and one man. I can't even count the number anymore of failed christian marriages I've seen due to an in-law always being in the middle forcing views/beliefs. And it is the same with a brother or a sister. Marriage is not a party of 3 unless the 3rd one involved is God.

View Profile
History
Living at home
Posted : 29 Aug, 2008 06:23 PM

I was really looking at living at home before marriage, not afterwards.

I have been on other forum discussions and most people said that if a person in their mid-20s to early 30s or older who they were interested in was living at home with parents, that they wouldn't be interested in getting into a relationship with them because they felt something was wrong with them, socially or otherwise.

I was curious at to if that would be a problem for the guys on here, and in what circumstance would a female's living at home be acceptable or not acceptable (up until a certain age, still in school, laid off from work, illness, taking care of parents, lived on own and moved back home, trouble finding decent employment, close relationship with parents, needing child care....etc....)?

kidvid711

View Profile
History
Living at home
Posted : 29 Aug, 2008 10:39 PM

:laugh: I still don't understand... I live home with my mother and brothers. There are other adults that still live with their parents. Some of them are even older. Thirty years old and up. I don't think there is anything wrong with that :laugh:

Besides, if those people have a problem with your parents, I don't believe they are right for you, because your parents are a part of you.