Author Thread: why do men run
athiswill

View Profile
History
why do men run
Posted : 25 Aug, 2008 07:48 PM

i was wondering why men say they are ready for a deep connection, and someone sweet and honest. when they get it they run scared from the deep connection and love

View Profile
History
why do men run
Posted : 25 Aug, 2008 09:01 PM

Naturally, and unfortunately, the vast majority of men (even if they think otherwise) are driven to love initially through lust (which isn't necessarily bad, just the amount of it can be temporary), and once that lust wears off, they see the depth of the relationship, and without that boost they got before, they become overwhelmed. Don't quote me on this, but its my theory!

kidvid711

View Profile
History
why do men run
Posted : 25 Aug, 2008 10:28 PM

Are you sure they truly say that they are ready for a deep connection? They said that to you and run? really? wow.

kidvid711

View Profile
History
why do men run
Posted : 26 Aug, 2008 07:21 AM

I don't think they are ready. Maybe something must of pressure him onto saying that.. Or he is afraid of what may of happen next.

View Profile
History
why do men run
Posted : 27 Aug, 2008 06:05 AM

It may not be a case of being ready so much as meeting someone that God has let you know would be suitable for you with certainty. I think the second post in here about "initial lust" wearing off holds some merit, but once you hit 30 or so and the testosterone level drops it's a lot easier to look at and examine a woman's heart. It's almost as if society prefers the sleazy dressed look on women and it isn't helping anyone.

kidvid711

View Profile
History
why do men run
Posted : 28 Aug, 2008 07:58 AM

Its hard to look at a woman heart when they follow society a bit.

I had some funny signals at my work place. Winked, butt bumped. thigh touched, and they get upset because I'm quiet and being quiet is part of my personality. I'm usually a guy that doesn't get involve with society that much before I worked at my job. Before I work. I usually stay home, go to school, and come back home to do chores. I hang out with my friends and play video games.

That about it. I talked to one of my friends about it, and he said, "Why don't I talk to her?" Then he said I was scared. So I decided to talk to her to prove to my friend that I wasn't scared.When I speak to her, I eventually thought I was just having a regular conversation then she ended up telling her friend she got me? I said to my head, huh what? She got me? I didn't understand what she meant by that. She was pretty happy to. I didn't talk to her or come near her after that because I didn't understand what she meant by that. Maybe she thought I was flirting because I was kinda frighten to speak to her.

Also, I never knew what was flirting about 6 months after. I never even knew the word or hear anyone used it. I heard the word when I was accused of flirting with another girl at my work place. It also seem like that guy likes the previous girl I talked to and she is possibly waiting for me.

Giving those signals drives me nuts and puts me into a struggle with sin. I'm just surprise what people do in a grocery store.

kidvid711

View Profile
History
why do men run
Posted : 30 Aug, 2008 09:31 AM

Well I am not afraid, just nervous and stress out when funny incidents happen between a girl and me. Funny questions and other funny things. It feels like they're picking on me.

>>

I guess we run because, we don't truly know the person or possibly might not be right for us men. Or we might just don't wan to take a chance..

Hope my funny story helps

View Profile
History
why do men run
Posted : 31 Aug, 2008 07:36 PM

I agree with Mikeinhowell. I've tried to explain that to my very recent exwife, who left me for this other guy. I must hasten to say that this particular situation should only be in the carnal world. In the christian world, it should be about getting to know the spirit of the person.

I haven't dated another woman in 9 years. Also, in that time I was not living a true christian life. Now that I am living a true christian life, when I start dating again I will be looking for a God-filled christian woman.

View Profile
History
why do men run
Posted : 31 Aug, 2008 07:42 PM

Not all men are like that. If it is a christian man who is truly in the lord, he will find a way to get to know u for who u r. If in doing so u both discover that u r not working out, then so be it.

I was married for 6 yrs and did not give my wife the deep emotional connection she craved. Now that she has left me I have wised up and have figured out what it is that she wanted. It is not that I did not love her, it is just that men are on a lower level than women when it comes to matters of the heart. Trust me, it took me at 30 to get what my wife has been wanting and asking for since we were 20 and 21.

Yana339

View Profile
History
why do men run
Posted : 12 Sep, 2008 09:41 PM

That's the truth many times. Very wisely replied.

View Profile
History
why do men run
Posted : 29 Sep, 2008 02:51 PM

that's a super good explanation lol..makes sense.

Page : 1 2