Author Thread: No Pictures attached to your profile...
Contemplative

View Profile
History
No Pictures attached to your profile...
Posted : 26 Aug, 2008 09:20 AM

I don't want to guess or presume to know, but I am very curious as to why you don't post pictures of yourselves.

kidvid711

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Aug, 2008 07:17 AM

I post pictures then I took them off. I took them off just to show that I'm not seeking.

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Sep, 2008 05:47 AM

i know this is a guy forum but can i comment thanks :)...i dont think pictures make a difference actually. i actually had more messages when i didn't have my picture lol...weird come to think of it

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Sep, 2008 10:53 AM

I'm a girl & though this question is addressed to the guys... here's my thought on the subject. Oh, by the way I don't have a pic. attached to my profile either, though I've thought about it... well, still thinking about it. On photography, here's food for your thoughts... 'The camera cannot lie, but it can be an accessory to untruth'- H. Evans.... 'The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera'- D. Lange. I was thinking, wouldn't it be nice if someone was genuinely interested in what you have to say than what you look like. If you believe that we are created in God's image, who are you to judge His creation. If looks are more important to you than the person as a whole, then I feel sorry for you. By the way I question the whole line of thought that 'looks first' is a guy thing... and some really stick to the story... oh, c'mon!! it's just an excuse & you guys know it. It's being passed on from one generation of men to another, crossing borders... maybe we can equate this to the myth that women love shopping, especially for shoes, mmmhhh... bet some woman came up with that to justify the MONTHLY unexplained bills :peace: I think the profile says more about the person than the pic. Yep, I respect peoples' intellect more and that is why I acknowledege this fact. :rocknroll:

Contemplative

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Sep, 2008 08:24 AM

I really appreciate your input...I don't want to put the outside b4 the inside, however, I can agree with the myths and lies that I've chosen to believe...that in order for someone to be interested in me I have to post a picture believing that if I don't, that there won't be any interest. And very true this subject isn't gender specific and the only responses have been from females. Would like to hear from the men just to try to understand their thinking as well. I posted the question to learn and you have helped in doing just that. Thank you.

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Sep, 2008 04:05 PM

I don't have a picture on my profile because I need help putting it their I'm trying to get my daughter to do it . But what about what is behind the picture is there a good heart a loving and caring person or is the picture hiding something.I don't know to each his or her own choice I say get to the inside not on the out. I will soon post mine

3rdday

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Nov, 2008 03:10 AM

I only send a pic if asked. The basics are there, and i'd like someone to want to know the non-physical before they decide if I sound like someone they'd like to know better. Most just scope pic's, I'm not looking for most, I also get no response, ha-ha.

I guess with a pic I couldn't do much worse! But there's always the question of better looking guy's I'd have to compete with (they are probably all air-brushed photos, our little secret), and what if I'm recognized from my picture at the local Post Office, or I could just be ugly and hope it will be less evident without a photo.

Obviously too many reasons to mention.