Author Thread: Opinions please : )
Admin

Opinions please : )
Posted : 6 Dec, 2010 03:22 AM

Do you think it's easier for single fathers to meet a potential spouse than it is for single Mums?

Worthmorethanrubies

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Dec, 2010 03:39 PM

I agree to an extent....However Men are just as much of parent's as we women are!! The problem here is that MANY women and also men run into the obstacle of being the more responsible parent in single parenthood .....Therefore what you may be looking for in a partner will change ..Something happens inside of you and values start to really count.. Now you have become careful ...Not only for you but also for your children..And this does filter out the many..to a few.

Worthmorethanrubies

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Dec, 2010 03:39 PM

I agree to an extent....However Men are just as much of parent's as we women are!! The problem here is that MANY women and also men run into the obstacle of being the more responsible parent in single parenthood .....Therefore what you may be looking for in a partner will change ..Something happens inside of you and values start to really count.. Now you have become careful ...Not only for you but also for your children..And this does filter out the many..to a few.

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Dec, 2010 12:13 AM

@SvenMeister Well if you meet somebody and get married, chances are that you will end up having a Family....If you don't want to be a father figure and maybe a provider you'll better being single or marry woman without a children...

No not all women take kids away from their fathers....they (not all of them) most of the time ran away with another woman or because they don't want to pay child support...

rainbowian

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Dec, 2010 10:21 PM

Women in general have it easier so I'll say Single mums.

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Dec, 2010 05:26 AM

Care to expand on that? : )

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Dec, 2010 03:20 PM

That�s a tough question! I�ve been a single dad for over ten years now and every time I meet a potential spouse the potential goes away.

rainbowian

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Dec, 2010 07:10 PM

Whatever "negatives" a woman might have (too tall/heavy/has kids/etc) where will still be men interested in her. But the reverse is not true. If a man is short/not rich/has kids/etc, there will be very few women interested in him. In general of course.

Mercymay

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jan, 2011 05:46 AM

I think so. Single fathers has easier chance of meeting potential spouse as they can be active in seeking if they want to. Also as head and leader of the family it is easier for him to establish protection of his own children if ever he hooked up with abusive spouse.

Hard for single moms cause they have to be passive, just have to wait for a proposal, to pursue is unbecoming of a woman. Have to consider if there is genuine acceptance of her children by step dad and genuine acceptance of her by the step children. Kind of complicated that single dads has better chance of harmonious relationship with women without children so I understand the preference. Usually it is the step dads also that abuse or molest step children that single moms has to consider when to remarry. In our society here, typical is no support from fathers, zero from the government that sometimes economic reasons leave single moms no choice but accept the first proposal no matter what just for survival.

WorkWise

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Apr, 2011 02:54 PM

Both men and woman have issues with the other being linked to exwives/exhusbands. There is a jealousy element that is fairly common.

I have issues meeting women because they seem to have issues when I have to take my son to his mom's for her visitations. All I do is drop him off or pick him up and have very little discussion with her. Yet it seems to always be an issue (the woman feeling she MUST go with me whenever I have to deal with the ex). Which often causes conflict because the ex feels I'm "showing off."

As a single dad I've found it extremely difficult to meet woman because when my son is around he gets very posessive of my time. Women that I've dated who have children already are extremely posessive of their time, make me feel like I'm second banana. Biblically, the husband and wife should take priority to each other over the children.

WorkWise

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Apr, 2011 02:56 PM

I'm sorry, typo. I didn't mean to say women are posessive of their time, but posessive of their children.

Page : 1 2 3