Author Thread: Abbot & Costello Meet Frankenstine:10-0408
angel1950

View Profile
History
Abbot & Costello Meet Frankenstine:10-0408
Posted : 4 Oct, 2008 03:54 PM

:angel:1950:Hi everyone I thought I would tell you all about a very funny & entertaining 1948 dark comedy movie I have on VHS & on You Tube on My Favorite Button. The movie stars those clown Prince's of Mayhayem's Abbot & Costtello Meet Frankenstine with Bela Lugosi as Count Dracula, Lon Chaney Junior as The Wolfman, Vincent Price & westren Star Glen Strah star as the Invisible Man & Frankenstine's Monster. I love the wacky ending of the movie whenLou's character of Chick says to Costtello's Characterto Wilbur and I quote" When Isay I saw something Mr.Chick Chow then you best believe I saw it them". Then Bud's character Chick say's" O! Relax now that the Wolfman, Dracula and Frankenstine's Monster's are no more there is no one else to bother us" To that remark the Invisible Man played by Vincent Price says" O! Really now that's to bad I was hoping to get into some of the action". The ending was so funny because the Invisible Man scared the men out of the boat & they were seen swimming at the end of the movie. I also loved the part where Wilbur first mmeets Dracula & Frankenstine it is a riot.:angel:1950:applause:

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jan, 2009 05:41 PM

Angel,

You are right, that is a really funny movie. My favorite part is in the museum when they have to uncrate the wax figures of Frankenstein and Dracula. I also like the scene when Costello keeps walking into the Wolfman's room. I love just about any movie they made. I have to say my all time favorite routine of theirs is the "Who's on First". That is sheer genius and still funny to this day. Good, clean humor always outlasts time. Just look at old "I Love Lucy" reruns. Still hilarious. :ROFL: "Are you unpoopular, do you pop out at parties? Well all you need folks is right here in this bittle lottle. That's Veaty Mighty Megimin. Tastes great, too. Just like candy!":toomuch: "Is it hot in here or is it just me?" The scene in the candy factory with Ethel is priceless! Why, oh why can't Hollywood get a clue?

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Jan, 2009 10:31 AM

Hey Angel,

My Parents got me into "The Old Classics" Even On Turner...It Is Great!!!! "Abbot&Costello Meet Frankenstine" I just really like when The Two Guys Are Fighting And How They Interact with each other..."Boy Is That Kid Lost"... I Like How Bud I Think It is Sorry If I Am Wrong..I get Them Confused Sometime...Says He Will Make A Bigger Dumey Out Out Of The Little Dumey" I like when Bud Says "O Ckick" and couldn't even whisle because The Monster Scarys Him Silly...I Like at The End Where....They are at The Masion And He Says "O It "The Broom Closet"...And "Lou" was Like "That No Broom Closet...And "When Bud Imatates The Monster And Pretends To Be Dracula...For Some Reason I Like The End Where..."Frankenstine Gets Burn At The End..I Guess I Hate Scary Monosters And They Pour Gasoline On That Bridge Looking Thing...And Then He Falls Apart...You Think They Are Safe And You Right Then The Invisable Man Comes Along And Appears...I Wonder if that is a take off "The Invisable Man" That Star Budd And Lou...I Like That Moive As Well "The Invisable Man" That They Both Star In...Angel Did You Like "The Invisable Man" or was it not as good As "Abbot&Costello Meet Frankenstine"...

~Nice Meeting You Angel~:applause:

~Lynda~:angel: