Author Thread
NarnianGirl

View Profile
Depressed, hurting and my life is a mess
Posted : 11 May, 2023 01:08 PM

Please do not let the enemy convince you that you somehow aren't worthy to belong to God any more...

You belong to Him!

By the merit of His work and His grace alone.

Even though you may not feel like it, just thank Him that He has redeemed and bought you by His precious Blood.

In one testimony, a pastor shared one instance from his life, when he felt so unworthy after having fallen to some sin... he was feeling so down, so dirty, so worthless, not belonging in God's house....

The Lord spoke to his heart and said, 'Start worshipping like you belong here!'

It's always good to remember that, no matter how badly we feel we have fallen.. we can always draw near to Him, instead of running away.

NarnianGirl

View Profile
Couple in loveless marriage
Posted : 10 May, 2023 04:38 PM

You know streetevangelist, I often thought of the eventuality of losing the attraction between my hubby and I.

It can happen in life's struggles and battles..

The key is that we can go trhough that trial with dignity and humility, instead of slamming doors and running to the divorce court..

Even without the spark, the two parties an treat each other w kindness.

NarnianGirl

View Profile
THE CHOSEN
Posted : 10 May, 2023 04:33 PM

Hi LD,

Your question 'did you investigate yourself'.

If by investigating you mean digging into all the negative commentary about the show, no. I have likely seen all the points of concern witviut needing to investigate extra..

As for the posituves, again I do not know how you mean by investigating - I have followed the project via my friend who was one of the team members.

He has shared a lot from behind the scenes, and obviously I might ask for more i fo. But I have no such urgent interest.

As for the young brother who was encouraged in his walk through Chosen, yes he is doing ok. This is soneone who already was doing in depth Bible studying, and seeking God daily so he was not lacking the knowledge about the Lord.

What he needed and got, was a personal reminder and encouragement in a low point of his life. Something to lift him up at that moment.

The Lord can reach down and touch us in a way we need at that moment.

NarnianGirl

View Profile
Why are you single?
Posted : 10 May, 2023 08:47 AM

I believe the lack of Christian men (and I mean those willing to have a relationship and to commit) is a real issue everywhere..

Add to that the fact I have not been married before, or do not have kids. Plus, I have been in ministry and that already scares most men off.

There has never been a serious prospect anywhere.

A few guys in my life were insisting on marrying me, and there were extremely dysfunctional, entitled and abusive, who did not understand the word NO.. so while I theoretically could have married someone, it would not have been a godly, Christian marriage union, and I would be divorced already.

NarnianGirl

View Profile
What are your favorite christian music artists and bands?
Posted : 9 May, 2023 06:04 PM

Adding SELAH to the list..

NarnianGirl

View Profile
God can do it.. better!
Posted : 9 May, 2023 03:33 PM

Just some happy testimonies:

1) This is about a friend of a dear friend. A popular girl in college / Bible school, who did have enough suitors. She knew however that the Lord has called her to work in a far away country in a school located in a remote location.. She knew the options to meet and marry anyone would be minimal, and even joked how the Lord will have to drop someone from the sky in front of her.

That is what He pretty much did... she ended up meeting and marrying a MAF missionary pilot..! :)

2) This is for those, who hate to hear about their car warranty... I have learned that many Americans are fed up with the topic...

One African sister living in the U.S. shared how God connected her with the guy who was working for the company offering her car warranty services... all it took was 6 months.

Not the man she had been hoping and praying for (someone tall and dark), but a little white dude ...

They knew it was God.

We know that He can do it through unusual means. I am all ready

NarnianGirl

View Profile
For those who don't understand Adultery
Posted : 9 May, 2023 03:24 PM

For single Christians, celibacy is the only Biblical option.

Sleeping with someone who is not my spouse is off limits and brings death & destruction.

While divorce is not the unforgivable sin, it should not be seen as a mark of success. Nor does it make the person wiser or better.

Grace of God is not something cheap that should be used as an excuse for sinful lifestyle.

NarnianGirl

View Profile
For those who don't understand Adultery
Posted : 9 May, 2023 02:28 PM

Just a reminder:

Staying a virgin (or celibate) is not a personal choice, if the person is a Bible-believing Christian AND unmarried.

There is no alternative, except to live in sin.. and we are told to FLEE from sexual immorality.

Most Christian singles who have been celibate and relied on the Lord for pure life are unmarried, not because of choice, but because of necessity.

It's not possible to get married without anyone to marry..

NarnianGirl

View Profile
THE CHOSEN
Posted : 9 May, 2023 11:19 AM

OK

You sure came across very angry - with exclamation marks, etc.. easily offended that I simply mentioned anything positive on this drama series. :)

It is true that the enemy opposes whenever God is doing something.

He uses imperfect methods and means.

Should Christians strive to have better art productions, wirh clear theology and Biblical message? Absolutely.

Does God reach people through imperfect means? Yes.

Some of my fave authors have questilnable or imperfect theology in areas that are non damning. I don't follow their doctrine, but I value their writings..

NarnianGirl

View Profile
THE CHOSEN
Posted : 9 May, 2023 06:23 AM

.. and when someone I know who was at the brink of an abyss says they were blessed by the series, I would not tell him ' That is wrong!'

God encouraged him through an imperfect work of art. Simple.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10