Author Thread
WalkNTalk

View Profile
J Biden approval rate
Posted : 28 Feb, 2024 02:59 PM

I don't believe Joe Biden was elected. Nonetheless, he sits as president and he took oath as president, so he is president. Even though the election was stolen, he is still our president and according to Paul, all governing authority is established by God (Romans 13:1) even while we are not to follow them in every regard. (Acts 4:19) For such a time as this, Biden is in office. I sure didn't put him there. Yet all know that his days in office have limit. I hope the next guy will be better. As it is, women have opportunity to become president and one woman is better than another. But there is a more likelihood that women will be running on vice president tickets. But old guys being left or right may kick the bucket establishing a woman in a president seat. Hope it's a good woman. We will see what happens between now and November and after November. I expect Biden to kick the bucket and I expect Trump has too many enemies for him to make it to the oval office again. But when push comes to shove, Trump will have lots of votes this election.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
(reply)
Posted : 27 Feb, 2024 05:02 PM

I like two wheels on the curb when I want to crawl under the car.

The irony in history and the twists and turns. Truth is lost in time. There is humor in it. The Democrats were Pro-Slavery. The Republicans were against slavery. Now black voters are mostly Democrat. Republicans put bills up for Equal Rights and to end segregation. Lyndon Johnson knew he would win the Black vote forever in signing the bills the Republicans put forth, that the Democrats would get the credit when he signed the bill.

In the 1960's the democrat party Lyndon Johnson became the champion of the minorities when he signed bills that the Republicans championed. The Democrats got the credit.

And you look at Planned Parenthood and Margaret Sanger and they wanted to destroy the Black population. That was the origins of Planned Parenthood. Now they are considered the champions of women's rights when all along they have been murderers.

I agree that America is headed towards troubled waters in every which way. It is deliberate! Some want to rule the world and there is a push to topple our government in hope of the Great Global Reset.

I was in the Philippines once. Half the road was missing from a landslide. The clever bus driver had us all get up from our seats. He fooled us. We thought he was having us exit the bus. But no no no! He had us all put our weight to one side of the bus and he drove the bus over the missing section of road with two wheels on the good side like a stunt car on two wheels or a motor bike. He risked all our lives. We would have plummeted to our deaths if there was another landslide or his idea had not worked, but we all got on the right side of the road as it were while still in the bus.

The greater the weight, then the greater the counterweight needs to be as you said.

Trump did not finish the wall while president and even if the MAGA Republicans get power again, not all the illegals will be sent back. But less will pour in.

The democrats have allowed millions of illegals into the country and that's a fact. But no way is the MAGA movement going to send all these illegals back. I think with all the terrorists that we have let in, there will be another 911 far larger and more well planned than the previous one. Then the millions of other illegals that help to bankrupt our country won't matter.

I have heard of "The Fourth Turning". The book has been talked about on a few shows. We are in the period of Entitlements.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
How comfortable are white guys in getting a black lady
Posted : 27 Feb, 2024 03:55 PM

I think every white guy should have one. But the question was really about black guys going for black women in the original post.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
Balancing ministry and Marriage.
Posted : 27 Feb, 2024 02:33 PM

I would agree with Handyman, but just throwing a verse out for the unhindered gospel. If one wants to talk about Jesus and tell the world about Jesus, what is hindering you?

Yet, you have more than one calling. You have kids. You have a husband. You don't want your husband. You want a different husband. You are separated from your husband.

1 Corinthians 7:11 says

But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.

I wouldn't be looking for another husband. That itself is a hindrance to your calling. If you cannot multi-task, you will need to focus. Is the father of your children willing to look after the kids while you pursue your calling? And should you be pursuing another husband while you are currently married? I do not think that helps your ministry. But it appears that is what you are doing.

1 Corinthians 7:27

Art thou bound unto a wife? seek not to be loosed. Art thou loosed from a wife? seek not a wife.

You are bound to your husband as long as he lives. But if your husband dies, you are free to remarry. (1 Corinthians 7:39 and Romans 7:2-3) But I see you are inclined to another husband and it does not appear you want to mother your children and it does not appear that you are getting along with your husband. It is workable that you can follow your calling to tell the world of Jesus while also fulfilling your duty as a wife and mother. But it appears you want to escape your role as a wife and mother.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
Balancing ministry and Marriage.
Posted : 27 Feb, 2024 01:58 PM

Might I say Matthew 19:29 and Luke 18:29 ?

Matthew 19:29

And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life.

Luke 18:29-30

“Truly I tell you,” Jesus said to them, “no one who has left home or wife or brothers or sisters or parents or children for the sake of the kingdom of God will fail to receive many times as much in this age, and in the age to come eternal life.”

WalkNTalk

View Profile
Troubling Trends and Evangelicalism
Posted : 27 Feb, 2024 01:02 PM

Yes, people have been rejecting the divine origin and complete accuracy of the Bible for years. When I went to Bible school, I was taught that the Bible is not inerrant and is not equal to the word of God, but was a Proclamation of that word which is Jesus Christ. I was taught that is not without error; that it had a human factor. It was easier to accept this view in light of John 5:33-34 “You have sent to John, and he has testified to the truth. Not that I accept human testimony; but I mention it that you may be saved." You read the different accounts of Peter denying Christ and compare those accounts and Peter would have denied Christ more than three times. There are plenty of discrepancies within scripture that show a human factor. Even the genealogy of Jesus differs from one account to another. Sometimes, we call the discrepancies a paradox. But reality is that we are getting further and further away from the scriptures all the time, and it is unfortunate, But these things must happen, and it is for us to struggle. Romans 8:20, For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it. (Romans 8:20)

WalkNTalk

View Profile
Please stop saying “God told me” or “the Holy Spirit told me”.
Posted : 27 Feb, 2024 12:33 PM

God told me this post is not right.

Actually, I quit a job once after a person told me that he felt strongly that God was telling him I should quit my job. I trusted the person because the person had prayed for twins. Then my mom had twins after that prayer. Having felt my brother had a connection with God and a word from the Lord only because his own implying it, I quit my job with no other job lined up. And it took me many weeks to find other work. I have also heard of people marrying other people because their spouse had claimed a word from the Lord. I think that may be a reason to not marry a person. Why not also get a word from the Lord? Why is it only the other person who gets a word from the Lord that you are to marry this person who has a word from the Lord? So, yes, many people claim a word from the Lord that they did not receive and sometimes deceive us others. It reminds me of 1 Kings 13:18. Some of us want a word from the Lord and sometimes take something as a word from the Lord when it isn't.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
Sturggling, this is just a ramble
Posted : 27 Feb, 2024 09:46 AM

Striving Servant, you somewhat resemble Ken Curtis who played Festus on the old tv series Gunsmoke. Maybe Hollywood would have a place for you. Maybe you can rope a woman that way. We like celebrities. Fame makes people more attracted to ya.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
Sturggling, this is just a ramble
Posted : 27 Feb, 2024 09:32 AM

skywatchtv.com touches on demons, aliens, and possessions.

Of increasing your odds of finding a woman, there are plenty of foreign women that maybe open to a man such as yourself if you can pay their way to be with you. If you don't have the money, another approach is to become a missionary and do mission work in a country and to meet a woman that way. Then serve the Lord together in that country. Or perhaps you will meet a woman in the same involvement. The ideas of serving the Lord and not seeking money.

It is probably one in a thousand that has success on these sites, so you have to help it along. You either have to fund someone's way of coming to you or you need to go to them, and if you lack money, short term mission work may be your best choice of perhaps finding a like-minded adult to do your life with.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
I want to talk about voting
Posted : 26 Feb, 2024 05:09 PM

They say we are a "Republic". I am all for fair elections and honest elections. But I believe elections are corrupt and that sometimes the extent of corruption can turn an election. Some are pushing to enable illegals and non-U.S. citizens to legally vote. I used to vote a little on the Democrat side, but they have gone too far left for me to vote for them anymore. But not always do I know the candidates I am voting for. Reagan left the Democrat Party. But as he put it, "I did not leave the Democrat Party. The Democrat Party left me." In as much as I think Reagan had been an alright president, he did make some blunders as did Trump. So one gets known for their blunders as well.

Page : 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58