Author Thread
NotSettlingYet^

View Profile
Why do I attract bad men/not getting married
Posted : 26 Mar, 2023 07:46 AM

Are you dating catholic men only, or are you open to date different denominations or even unbelievers?

I have also had a difficult time on dating men, and in my 30s I have discovered I have to choose between the men who has a "past" with long term relationships/marriages, serial daters ect, or choose to date men who are more awkward, introverts, not incels, but men who might not have experience with women at all despite being in their late 30s and at church. I have had the men interested in me, but there are always something majorly off-putting with the men that manage to show interest on a first or second date. (Bad hygiene, not dressing for the occation, weird conversation topics and not being able to change the topic when I try to, or just being simps towards me not showing any kind of self confidence at all.

This makes me unattracted to them. So I'm not sure what you can do. I have better experience with trying new christian environments, like going to other churches, or conferences meeting people I otherwise wouldn't have met. I have also moved around long distance for university and job oportunities so I could start over again and be whomever I wanted to be when starting in a new church, presenting myself there as the person I am now, not being labeled from what people know about me from the last 10-20 years of attending.... not sure if this was any help at all.

NotSettlingYet^

View Profile
looking for an oldfashoned Christian
Posted : 26 Mar, 2023 12:15 AM

I can agree with the fact that women with ALL of those values are very rare, and might be common only in societies like the amish.

Still there are quite a lot of traditional women who might, like me, accept to wear only dresses/skirts if their husband wanted it that way, still most of us have already been cutting our hair and piercing our ears so it isn't that easy to turn that around.

But any man is allowed to have his own preferences and standards. No women are allowed to frown upon a man staying single until he can find what he wants. If they frown they are jealous for him not picking them, or because they themselves can't find a man who fulfills their own list of requirements.

NotSettlingYet^

View Profile
looking for an oldfashoned Christian
Posted : 25 Mar, 2023 03:26 PM

Hi. I read your profile to see what kind of wife you are looking for and since you have a "list" of reqirements I would visit communities with the kind of women you seek. I guess they are to be found in spesific churches if not anywhere else.

I am not sure if women like the ones you are seeking are that common online, so meeting them in person is probably your best chance.

For what you can do, there is of cause be the best version of yourself. Be hard working, kind, serving, well groomed (clean and well dressed), ambitious, and live wholeheartedly for God. If you do those things and wander in communities hosting the kind of women you want it would probably be possible to catch some of those womens eyes.

Good luck and enjoy the search!

NotSettlingYet^

View Profile
Belief in christian values equals a partner who won't cheat
Posted : 20 Mar, 2023 02:29 PM

Cheating isn't just a problem between the two partners. The cheater also has a much bigger issuee facing his/her Creator with that kind of sin, not only sinning against his/her own body but also against someone elses body.

I believe in the no cheating policy where if my future husband decides to cheat on me, he also decides to end our marriage. I would have loved to have a marriage contract where it said that if one of the couple cheated the other would be left with all of their posessions (house, car, bank account(custody of the kids)). This would possibly limit cheating to a minimum.

NotSettlingYet^

View Profile
If he is interested he will....
Posted : 20 Mar, 2023 01:44 PM

For all of the women in here posting questions conserning "is he intestrested?" and then tell their story of being flirty or messaging with a man for a while and then him turning quiet or absent.

I can tell you for certain. If he is interested in you, he will not leave you on read. If he is interested it won't be days or weeks until he opens your message. If he is interested he will reply your calls. Please don't waste your time and focus on a man who has already left you behind.

Good luck to all of you in dating. Remember to never double text, but be interesting in chat and ask him questions about himself when replying to his messages so that he has a "bait" to grab onto if he isn't 200% creative at all times.

NotSettlingYet^

View Profile
What's my motivation?
Posted : 19 Mar, 2023 11:29 AM

I heard this interesting quote this weekend about deciding to get married or not. "If you can serve God better when you are together..." that could be a reson to get married.

As I am not having kids of my own, that would probably have to be the motivation for me if I am to get married. I want to be the helper to my husband as I believe God has equipped me to be so.

NotSettlingYet^

View Profile
People say I don't seem interested, why
Posted : 10 Mar, 2023 10:49 PM

It is usually one of two things when a man is telling you what he told you.

1. You are not asking him enough questions, or the right kind of questions that he would like.

2. You are not talking in a flirty way, like you assume you two are dating. I find teasing a man about future plans, dates and romantic gestures goes a long way of telling him I am onboard. Not making it sexual though, but telling him I would like to spoil my future husband with cooking surprise dinners when he is least expecting it. Talking about where I want to go on vacation with my future husband, and what kind of life I want to live when I get married ect.

NotSettlingYet^

View Profile
Normal Women?
Posted : 10 Mar, 2023 10:43 PM

They are extremely rare. But they do exist. I have loads of friends like that, and a few of them are still single.

Traditional womanhood has been replaced with a modern way of thinking that deprives women of the qualities that makes them attractive to good men. Still the non-traditional women crave the best men, and don't understand why they can't have them.

Keep looking for someone who fits the bill. I believe if you are a high value man you will be able to find a high value woman, just maybe not where you think you might find one.

NotSettlingYet^

View Profile
Ladies, Why Do Women Send Subliminal Messages to Men?
Posted : 21 Feb, 2023 10:01 PM

Hi again. Thanks for the reply!

I've been wondering what kind of extreme these women go to to make you feel like an interrogation or a job-interview. I guess that is the part of meeting people online, you can't get their vibe face to face immediately and have to use conversation and ofter questions to make the conversation flow to get to know someone and their heart and mission in life.

I do have some experience myself with finding out a man is not living the christian life I do expect from a potential partner, and had to terminate our chat before ever meeting up after asking about his church habits and daily walk with the Lord. Many men confess they aren't in any church at all, or never pray, seek the Lord, worship or read the Bible although calling themselves christians.

When it comes to other types of questions I have started to ask what a guy does, not to figure out how much he makes, but to figure out if he has a job at all. If he tells me he has a job I continue with asking what made him choose that kind of job and what he loves abouthis job to make the conversation more insightful.

I also make sure to ask what he is looking for in a woman and what he wants in the future for his everyday life and what his goals and dreams are to see if we are heading somewhat in the same direction. I feel like these areas of questions aren't unnessesary and need to be a part of online dating to figure out if there might be a path forward. Asking him about his favorite colour, favorite movie or what his parents names are could definately be saved for later. Better ask about some of the people that are important to him, and what he is doing or watching if he is in need of a good laugh.

Maybe being more creative with the questions makes them sound less like an interrogation and more like an actual conversation, like the ones we have face to face.

NotSettlingYet^

View Profile
When people say they need money
Posted : 18 Feb, 2023 10:20 AM

In the Phillipines there isn't any social security, so if she is out of money she surely will be evicted.. I believe most women in that scenario would have to go to stay with some relatives for a period of time until they get back on their feet. For some this means moving far away from where they might work, so that they lose their job. For others they are truly very vulnerable and will end up homeless and desperate because they have nowhere to go. I believe this is the scenario scamming women will present if asked about their circumstances. I just avoid sending money but if you migt like her, you can surely stay in touch and try to be an emotional support through everything.... Maybe she could sell some of her belongings (or her smart phone) to pay the 500. Suggesting these things might stir up the anger if she is truly a scammer, and she might then leave you since she understands that she won't get the money.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6