Author Thread
Teddyhug^

View Profile
Turning the other cheek
Posted : 3 Jul, 2019 03:45 PM

Friends!

There seems to be some confusion by SOME of what Yah'shua (J_sus) means when He says "turn the other cheek" and "love your enemies." Even here on this forum there appears to be warfare by insults as well as strife and then they become enemies. Where is the love instead of hate that Christians are commanded to do?

Turning the other cheek does not imply pacifism, nor does it mean we place ourselves or others in danger. Simply stated, its meaning is, that Christians must avoid disputing and striving at all cost.

A word about the “slap” that Yah'shua says we should endure. Yah'shua here speaks of personal slights of any kind. The slap (or the “smiting,” as the KJV has it) does not have to involve literal, physical violence. Even in our day, a “slap in the face” is a metaphor for an unexpected insult or offense. Did someone insult you? Let him, Yah'shua says. Are you shocked and offended? Don’t be. And don’t return insult for insult. Turn the other cheek. He addresses the need for true transformation, versus mere rule-keeping. It’s not enough to obey the letter of the law (either moral which is also torah); we must conform to the spirit of the law as well.

Much of the material surrounding Yah'shua’s command to turn the other cheek complements the nature of His coming, which was characterized by mercy, sacrificial love, and longsuffering toward sinners. At the same time, Yah'shua affirms the “last is first” principle upon which the kingdom of Yah is based. For instance, He tells us to go the extra mile for someone who abuses us (Matthew 5:41) and to love and pray for our enemies instead of holding enmity against them (verse 44). In summary, Yah'shua is saying we need to be pure inside and out and as accommodating as possible for the sake of a lost world.

Turning the other cheek, does not mean when a criminal breaks into your home, you are to let him harm you, your family, maybe rape your wife or injure your kids and steal your belongings! REALLY? Some "Christains" actually imply that!!!

One example below, even here on this forum states;

prophetic7744 writes -

"In the OT God ordered Israel to kill their enemies many times and God helped them do it. However in the NT J_sus commands, "Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you. If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also." Luke 6:27-29

Yes He did and for good reason, those enemies were wicked, they break Yah's LAW!

So called "Christians" today that teach "turn the other cheek" and "love your enemies" and do nothing about those that PHYSICALLY harm you are very confused!

The very words of Yah'shua (He IS THE WORD OF YAH you know!) when He said to His 11 Apostles, "If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." Seems crystal clear to me, we should defend ourselves from PHYSICAL harm, not give the criminal the other cheek! So what IS an enemy really in the context of what Yah'shua was teaching? Is it obvious that He was ONLY speaking of those that VERBALLY persecute, insult you, even call you names (like I have read of others in this Bible topic forum do) that is NOT PHYSICAL harm!

Then prophetic7744 confusion goes on to teach that-

"When you join the military and become a professional killer you must obey all the commands of your commanding officer."

"The only weapons that NT saints may use who follow the New Covenant commands of Jesus is the Sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God. A NT saint would not even think of joining the army of any nation and becoming a professional killer or defending himself with a gun."

Really now! Look up the definition of the words "kill" and "murder" to know the difference. Killing in war is not Murder, you do not personally know nor have met the enemy in war. Murder is true hate. Its premeditated most of the time. So really here is the logic that some "Christians" today teach not to kill the "enemy" (which is also a criminal sometimes but NOT in war!) that is trying to harm you and or your family, your country. They teach you should NOT defend yourself, family or others in harms way, even in war because we are commanded not too. Lol! So its safe to say that that same logic and reasoning applies to Police Officers, that they should "turn the other cheek" if they are NT Christians or do good to those that PHYSICALLY harm you even as a Police officer can with a gun! They really need to take the guns away from those evil Police Officers and teach them to know "if someone strikes them on one cheek, turn to him the other also" when on the job! LOL! What about other countries, nations coming over to harm us in war? "turn the other cheek" and "love your enemies" they would say! How absurd!

Hillarious reasoning but really quite sad that Scripture is misinterpreted in the context of what is really being TAUGHT in the Bible!

Any thoughts on all this reasoning, understanding and study?

Teddyhug^

View Profile
History Repeats
Posted : 3 Jul, 2019 02:34 PM

Hello Sadlup!

I have been reading many of your posts in other threads and much of what you write is a breath of fresh air in this so called "Christian protestant" world we live in, in these end times. I thought you may be leaving this forum and hoped you would stay and I could encourage you to stay!

We have soooo much to study and I'm so thankful for this forum to do so. I see others judging by your present FAITH instead of just studying it out in love and truth with you! I don't know why that is.

Now I have to admit you come off as being very pushy in your FAITH to others (I don't mind a challenge!) but as for me, my FAITH changes as I learn more truth. And that's what sets me free from ALL denominations that are taken over by the jesuits, which are really the head of the catholic harlot church.

Bottom line is YES we are FREE from the penalty (death)of the perfect Torah law. But of course we keep it by FAITH and with FAITH comes obedience!

I want to be clear, that w are saved by grace through FAITH!

The part I disagree with you on, when reading your many posts, is you do not tell or state the whole "package" of salvation. It confuses people. Now I think you know all of this and assume others do also but a teacher often repeats for the sake that some students may being sleeping in class and missed it all at some point! Ha!

1. We are saved (free gift) by grace (undeserved!) through FAITH, WHEN we are sorry for our sins and repent.

2. What is the definition of sin? Sin is the transgression of the Torah Law (1 John 3:4) Its here some will say but torah law is not stated! Oh really I would reply - Torah LAW was first mentioned in the first books of the Old Testament, the NT confirms this in what was LATER written in it! Does the OT contradict the NT and vise versa? Yah forbid! Wow! Paul goes on to say - I would not

of known sin without the law or stated in Romans 7:7 "What shall we say then? Is the Law sin? Yah forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the Law."

3. So we know we are sinners because Yah's Law says so, identifies transgression of the Torah Law. We realize this by Yah's set apart Holy Spirit that comes from Him when we listen, it is the invisible part of Him. So now what? Do we worship the word "FAITH' to be saved?

Some will say we have "faith in Yah'shua (J_sus) because he is a our sacrifice and we will never be perfect" and stop there but what they are really saying is because Yah'shua was perfect in keeping the Torah Law and we (even after repentance of past sins, becoming a new creature in Him) cannot be perfect, so we have a "license" to keep sinning, breaking the Torah!

That is OUCH doctrine to me!

I say we need the FAITH OF Yah'shua to keep the FAITH of salvation and guess what, Yah's set apart Spirit guides us to being perfect!

Enough with my interpretation and explanation, what does the Bible say about perfection of the Saints?

Yah'shua says - NLT Matt 5:48 "But you are to be perfect, even as your Father in heaven is perfect."

So we can be perfect (but not by our own power) and Yah'shua would not say we could be perfect when we cannot, now would He?

KJV 2 Timothy 3:17 "That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works."

Oh, so we strive to be perfect and by His power and set apart Spirit, we will do so "unto all good works" then.

Which leads us to the final #4. And what of "works" (The keeping of the perfect Torah Law) and that of FAITH (that comes first) and its perfection?

NASB James 2:22 "You see that faith was working with his works, and as a result of the works, faith was perfected;"

Ok, so our FAITH really proves our works in (living) His perfect Torah Law and makes our FAITH perfected! It really is like a hand and glove! Right?

NASB James 1:25 "But one who looks intently at the perfect law, the law of liberty, and abides by it, not having become a forgetful hearer but an effectual doer, this man will be blessed in what he does."

Ahhhh and finally Torah Law is really of liberty! How can "rules" be liberty? Because it instructs us how to love YAH, others and ourselves! WE are FREE! And FREE from sin (and its penalty - death!) when WE don't break Torah Law!

When we keep Torah Law we are "an effectual doer" of that perfect Torah Law! And as a bonus, WE will be blessed when we keep it! Hallelu-YAH!

Teddyhug^

View Profile
History Repeats
Posted : 30 Jun, 2019 08:40 PM

prophetic7744 qoutes; Galatians 3:23-25 in another thread and IN LARGE PRINT and states "*WE* ARE NO LONGER UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF THE LAW!!"

prophetic7744 qoutes;

Galatians 3:23-25: "Before faith came, we were held prisoners by the law, locked up until faith should be revealed. So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith. Now that faith has come, *WE* ARE NO LONGER UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF THE LAW!!"

Then he contradicts himself and qoutes Matt 5:27-28 where the Messiah EXPOUNDS in detail now (not changed it!) on that LAW.

And by the way THIS LAW was first written in the OLD TESTAMENT in Exodus 20:14!

qouting what prophetic7744 writes;

Matthew 5:27,28 Jesus says, "You have heard that it was said, 'You shall not commit adultery. But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already **COOMMITTED ADULTERY** with her in his heart.

So my question to you prophetic7744, is what LAW according to you "we are no longer under" and THAT supervisor LAW you keep saying is done away with???

So the LAW "was put in charge to lead us to Him (Messiah)" and it STILL leads us to Him by FAITH! The LAW reveals our sin if we break His LAW. The difference NOW is when we repent and have FAITH in Him and the FAITH OF Him that we are justified.

We cannot be "held prisoners by the law" if we are not breaking any of them! But we would be guilty and held in prison until sentencing unto death if we break them. Unless of course we repent of those sins by which the LAW points out WHAT sin is!

Correct?

Teddyhug^

View Profile
Eternal life is now
Posted : 28 Jun, 2019 02:46 PM

Hi. So true little david

Teddyhug^

View Profile
Eternal life is now
Posted : 28 Jun, 2019 02:45 PM

Prophetic7744

Hello! Not sure why you posted Romans 3:21-25??? It has nothing to do with this thread about "Eternal life is now".

We are saved by grace thru FAITH, not by the Yah's holy law. Of course salvation does not come by keeping His holy law but by grace thru FAITH only! The Bible is clear on that.

Righteousness comes from Yah, apart from the holy law. His holy law does not save anyone, its purpose is to identify WHAT sin is! Without His holy law there is no sin! Of course keeping His holy law is the EVIDENCE of our salvation but it is not the means of salvation. It never was.

Teddyhug^

View Profile
Eternal life is now
Posted : 28 Jun, 2019 02:22 PM

Hello. Not sure what you mean by "Our Father in heaven is the God of the spirits of all flesh"? Can you give me Scripture from the Bible that says humans are "spirits of flesh"?

Also you stated "the believer has passed from death into eternal life, Every believer can have eternal life here on earth"

Did you mean NOW or does that takes place resurrection day and that's when Yah gives them eternal life and takes His saints to heaven at His second coming?

Page : 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245