Author Thread: 40 yr old with children
ChristianTan

View Profile
History
40 yr old with children
Posted : 12 Jun, 2011 08:04 AM

I'm a young 40 year old with two very young children. I've only just started looking for a christian partner between the ages of 35 to 50. Do you think there are men out there (somewhere???) in this age bracket that are even interested in a woman my age with young children? Or should I wait until my children are older? (My children have a Dad).

View Profile
History
40 yr old with children
Posted : 19 Jun, 2011 09:15 PM

I am also 40 years old, but I have been a widow now for over 5 years. I can't say I have found any one as of yet, but I am trusting God that he has the right one out there. My kids are older and time is passing so quickly...for me I would prefer to find someone before the empty nest, frankly because I am tired of being alone. But you have to do what you feel is right for you and your kids.

BOSTON310

View Profile
History
40 yr old with children
Posted : 10 Aug, 2011 10:08 PM

Yes, there are guys in your age group that have no issues with having a life w/ a woman that has kids that are not of their biological creation. There are guys that care about family and family includes kids regardless. I suggest you keep looking because those guys are out there and I'm sure are looking for you. Best to you.

JourneyCC

View Profile
History
40 yr old with children
Posted : 31 Aug, 2011 12:01 PM

They are out there for sure.......... we just exclude them for other lack of criteria. I am also 40 with 4 kiddos 12 down to 4, and there are some really good guys out there that not only want to date me, they are perfectly okay with my kiddos. They just happen to not be the spiritual leader I'm looking for, or if they are, there is just no chemistry. But they are still great guys! :applause:

angelvoice88

View Profile
History
40 yr old with children
Posted : 16 Sep, 2011 10:50 AM

I have been widowed for six years and I understand about the tired of being alone part and the having kids part. My oldest is off to college at last but I still have a 12 yr old at home. Being widowed is worse than being divorced but you do not have any ex-drama which is what I am finding with some divorced men in this age group (40-50 yr olds).

I am sure that there are eligible men out there in this age group but they are not in this area of my state. Maybe I am not going to the right places? Church, grocery store, work. Good luck and keep hope alive! I've always heard that you will meet the right one when you least expect it!