Author Thread: Christians and War...
Admin

Christians and War...
Posted : 26 Jan, 2012 02:57 AM

First, before I say anything else, I need to let you know that I do not hate our troops.

Now, my big question is where do you stand on Christians fighting in war. Should we, should we not, any exceptions to the rules?

I have my personal opinions already in place, but before I say what mine are I want to hear from you.

This is to help me with a project I'm working on.

joesgeo

View Profile
History
Christians and War...
Posted : 1 Mar, 2012 10:53 PM

Well, Jesus didn't tell the centurion to leave the Army.

View Profile
History
Christians and War...
Posted : 10 Mar, 2012 06:34 AM

Hit the library for reputable research sources.

You might consider Just War and the pacifist stand of the Anabaptists.

Good luck in your research.

View Profile
History
Christians and War...
Posted : 13 May, 2012 06:06 AM

considering there is a war on illiteracy,war on poverty,war on hunger,war on obesity,war on homelessness,war on drugs,war on terrorizm,war for oil,war for opium?

considering the Gospel is a message of peace and love....

teach_ib

View Profile
History
Christians and War...
Posted : 15 May, 2012 08:48 PM

God had the Israelites fight many wars...some of the same enemies we are fighting today.

"to every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven...a time of war, and a time of peace..." Ecclesiastes 3:1,8b

So should we have police officers?

Not everyone is called to serve as a soldier, airman, sailor, or marine....but everyone benefits from those who are.

wonderinghow

View Profile
History
Christians and War...
Posted : 8 Jun, 2012 10:22 AM

Avoiding truth -

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all argument, and which cannot fail to keep man in everlasting ignorance. That principle is condemnation before investigation" - Edmund Spencer

Watch this video on youtube:

9-11 Beyond a Reasonable Doubt.

I served too.

wonderinghow

View Profile
History
Christians and War...
Posted : 8 Jun, 2012 10:25 AM

Never will I salute this countries flag again, and after voting since I was young, until I see a non-criminal running, I will not vote.

Avoiding truth -

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all argument, and which cannot fail to keep man in everlasting ignorance. That principle is condemnation before investigation" - Edmund Spencer

Watch this video on youtube:

9-11 Beyond a Reasonable Doubt.

I served too.

leaf123

View Profile
History
Christians and War...
Posted : 20 Sep, 2012 01:04 PM

In my opinion, joining the military is totally up to you. if you feel that you should not kill a person then don't do it. but if you feel that you are called in that field go for it. i have though about joining the military for along. i have not came to a defiant decision though.