Author Thread: Single Parent with Disabled Children
Admin

Single Parent with Disabled Children
Posted : 29 Oct, 2007 07:50 AM

I am a single parent that has two developmentally disabled sons. They are 23 and 25. Are there any other people in the same boat? I have found not many men out there willing to accept this.

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Feb, 2009 07:54 PM

I just want to say my heart goes out to all of you mothers. I am a aunt of a severe diabled nephew. I had drawn so close to him being that I didnt know how to (act or just feel) around him at times. I found out he is so easy to love and just acknowledge he lives and is here with us for a reason. He brings the full understanding of compassion and humbleness to me. I am so glad that God helped me through my attitude (feelings)(emotions placing him in a part of my heart (life)and the acknowledgment of just being here and surviving his difficulities that is not his choice or faults. He really put a special tenderness in my heart that I know and is very reconized by only me and God. I just hope others could take that small step to open that door to love these special little ones God has left us to love and take care of. My heart goes out to you again. God Bless and I hope each one of you find a good christian man to share your life with. Sending the Godly blessing to you all in my prayers tonight.

jen76

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Mar, 2009 12:56 PM

i have 2 boys one is 9 he has high functioning autism the other is 6 he is developmently delay with bipolar and adhd

Page : 1 2