Author Thread: Mission of discipline
EradifyerAO

View Profile
History
Mission of discipline
Posted : 30 May, 2013 06:13 PM

So many people are so excited to hear stories of those individuals who have gone overseas for "missions". I may be one had I not experienced it before. And, perhaps some have expierences with missions that have been nothing but incredible breakthrough, growth towards God's warm embrace, etc. My expirience, (atleast initially) was *mostly* rough...

After 3 months of lectures, worship, warm and encouraging discussion about God living on campus - my close-nit team head out for China. I was SO EXCITED! It's my first time overseas, a culture that is 5,000 years old, and city populations that DWARF most in my own nation!!! Only one downside (which I would discover about a week in): submitting to leadership younger then me... I fought with it - I needed alot of alone time... I shared my gripes and concerns to God - He responded with awesome revelations, promises, and guidence...

I have heard it said that this first discipleship programs are intended to HUMBLE us... It worked... I came back with solid foundations that have remained better then anything other psychological transformations in my Life. In fact, I associate my genuine transfer into God's Kingdom to the months leading up to that trip (even though hard times escalated after which...) But then isn't that where growth happens? Trials and Tribulations? When things that are beyond us are prodding us, and we have to find some way to evade it - and with Jesus now being an evasion option as a christian, growth happens as we lean on His strong arms...

Similar experiences?

Guardian143

View Profile
History
Mission of discipline
Posted : 4 Aug, 2013 09:55 PM

So true. It is in the fire of trials that we are purified.

I served 7 years in the mission field. It was not a bed of roses by any stretch of imagination but I also experienced awesome miracles, divine encounters and revelations.

When we have come to the end of ourselves, then we discover the richness of Christ. Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise!

Miavilla

View Profile
History
Mission of discipline
Posted : 20 Oct, 2014 10:37 PM

Hi,

Missions is not that easy but is rewarding when we pursue God's calling, also before is necessary to get training about culture other wise you can have shock culture.

Have a nice time.

Mia