living with parents
Posted : 9 Jul, 2013 11:40 PM

I can't believe so many females live with their parents and think that's normal

NRSV1953

View Profile
History
living with parents
Posted : 10 Jul, 2013 05:57 AM

My daughter is once again living with me. She works for the church, so doesn't make gobs of money. She could have chosen to go into "the private sector," but has a calling for Christian Education. Some of us have hard choices to make. Try not to pass judgment on others until you've walked a mile in their moccasins.

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
living with parents
Posted : 10 Jul, 2013 06:14 AM

"Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife"

I'd say the bible actually recommends the practice. It's only in this culture of rampant individualism that it's deemed "weird". I'd recommend that you reconsider "normal" versus what is actually the best practice. It's actually the smart way to get your own footing before stepping out to make a family of your own. It's cheaper, gives you a chance to save some money. It's wiser, you have a emotional and spiritual support group in your home(if you have a nice family anyway). So, I don't see a problem with it. What is the problem that you see? I would still be living at home, but my job took me off to the big city.

:peace::peace:

View Profile
History
living with parents
Posted : 10 Jul, 2013 06:41 AM

They're taking the week easy way out in a man should live on his own but a woman should live with her parents?

View Profile
History
living with parents
Posted : 10 Jul, 2013 06:44 AM

when it says man should leave it also mean is it means mankind

NRSV1953

View Profile
History
living with parents
Posted : 10 Jul, 2013 10:03 AM

I do not think that standing on principles and doing church work is taking the "easy way out." In fact, it is quite the opposite. Where is this judgment coming from son?

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
living with parents
Posted : 10 Jul, 2013 01:14 PM

Men can live at home as well, there are the same accusations leveled against men who live at home as the ones you are leveling against women. I know far more guys that lived at home for long periods, the ladies can't seem to wait to get out on their own.

I posted that verse because it implies that even men should live with their parents until they find a wife.

:peace::peace:

Lukia^

View Profile
History
living with parents
Posted : 12 Jul, 2013 04:25 AM

I agree with those who have contributed to this.

There is nothing wrong with a man or woman living with parents before marriage.If one has a good family,a family he/she can rely on,they can take time to organize themselves for the future.

I don't see anything wrong with my daughter living in my house,she is still pursuing her education and working at the same time,she is 25 years old.

When she is ready to move out i will gladly help her to,but if she decides to take time till she gets someone to marry i have no problem with that.

I also don't understand why any guy should find it a problem,if anything a guy should be happy that the girl is not leaving on her own.Thats the way it used to be and i believe its the way it should be until the time comes for them to leave their parents and leave on their own as the bible says.

View Profile
History
living with parents
Posted : 12 Jul, 2013 04:28 PM

In this day and age with the economy the way it is, its not uncommon for more younger people to stay at home longer. I would love to go out on my own in a second and become an independent person, but I also have to be smart about my finances and realize that it is not the best option for me at the moment. Sure I work hard and have a job, but most of that goes to my expenses and such, and right now, having a 800-1000 dollar rent per month does not fit yet. I don't judge someone for still living at home, we have no idea others situations and such. Sure the Bible says to leave their mother and father, but it also speaks of being smart with your money, which for me in this case, it would not be smart for me to move out. I still pay my parents rent though, just not a lot.

Imo, before you judge someone as to why they are still living at home, you need to first think that they may not be in the best situation to move out yet. It doesn't help either that tons of college kids are graduating to find no jobs to go to, thus having to settle for lower paying jobs.

CuriousGeorge

View Profile
History
living with parents
Posted : 12 Jul, 2013 10:13 PM

op is a troll :rolleyes:

View Profile
History
living with parents
Posted : 13 Jul, 2013 06:12 AM

I don't see anything wrong with living with parents. Of course, I come from a different culture where almost always children stay with their parents until they get married. For me, that's normal.

Page : 1 2