Admin

living with parents
Posted : 9 Jul, 2013 11:40 PM

I can't believe so many females live with their parents and think that's normal

View Profile
History
living with parents
Posted : 12 Aug, 2013 07:12 PM

I still live with my aunt and will do so untill it is time for me to get married.

Mercymay

View Profile
History
living with parents
Posted : 7 Sep, 2013 08:12 AM

why not? the house will be so empty without them...

in general, home for the aged here is unheard of...parents live with children's family till death...the "normal" I believe depends on ones culture.

View Profile
History
living with parents
Posted : 30 Sep, 2013 07:07 AM

well it's probably a double standard between males and females and I consider that wrong plus people probably need to get out and make their own life and build themselves up

View Profile
History
living with parents
Posted : 30 Sep, 2013 05:47 PM

Maybe some people don't have the means to do so, at this time. It's pretty judgmental to assume someone doesn't have their own life and goals simply because they live at home - some people do, they just lack the funds to leave their house. Some people don't believe they should until they're married. Some people live with their parents even after they're married. It really shouldn't matter. If you love someone, you love them, and let's face it - you're going to have to get along with their family in the long wrong or it's just going to cause complications in your marriage in the long run.

View Profile
History
living with parents
Posted : 30 Sep, 2013 07:09 PM

In some cultures, it is dishonorabe to leave ones parents. Im half Melanesian and in that culture, a son is exected to take care of his own parents. However, Im also half Japanese in which the culture is exactly the opposite...

I currently live on my own and have one survivng parent(a mother), I support her financially from a far but I have plans to take care of her once she is retired.

I am not perfect, but I believe that blind obedience without having love as our primary motivation is meaningless.

Blessings from Tokyo,

Ken :)

View Profile
History
living with parents
Posted : 14 Oct, 2013 04:16 PM

I find this to be incredibly awkward at how judgmental a post this is. And not even because yes I am a female who still lives at home.

As so many others have said, you don't know circumstances behind the decision from one person to the next (male or female) as to why we still live with our parents. It does not mean we are lazy, unmotivated or any other negative thing you may feel toward people who aren't out on their own. Again, as others have said, it's not the right time for a variety of reasons. Please stop passing judgment on that which you don't know.

Love shouldn't be determined by a person's place of residence, if it is, that's unfortunate and you might miss out on the relationship you find yourself in search of.

Have a great night.

Page : 1 2