Author Thread: Broken Family Syndrome-Its an epidemic in the US :(
ljacobson

View Profile
History
Broken Family Syndrome-Its an epidemic in the US :(
Posted : 22 Aug, 2013 03:30 AM

There are so many broken families in this US! These kids are left to fend for themselves on so many levels :( Wouldn't it be nice if there were more laws protecting the wellbeing of our innocent children?! One law I would love to see come to exist would be sex being strictly for marriage!!! I wish our forefathers came up with such a clause in our constitution!

Mercymay

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Sep, 2013 09:35 PM

Parenting is one serious responsibility and most couples going to be married is not educated in what parenting really means. Rather than law on regulating sex which seems impossible to impose, I would like provisions on education for parenting, child care, husband/wife care etc. Maybe psychological testing before getting married be made a must.

swampy

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Feb, 2014 12:54 PM

we got the same problem in the uk 28% of all children are from broken families us guys always get the blame for it

blessedmom

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Mar, 2014 08:29 AM

It is. I see it first hand in the faces of my four kids daily. They were born into what I believed was a marriage forever. With my husbnad who was faithful.I was wrong on both counts.. Not only did he have an affair, he walked out on us.

My kids weep, my four year old every night cries herself to sleep for her dad and, we are six months out!

The divorce is final, the "parenting time" has been set.... but for kids who have always had their very involved dad around, six times a month is not enough.

It is awful. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

I could care less about MY grief which, is great but to see them suffer is so so awful.

Worst part is, he doesn't even want to pay for his kids... who has four kids, walks out and then says "eh, I don't feel like paying" UGH. I don't think it should have been so easy for him to walk in and ask for divorce. I think that counsoling should be MANDITORY when asking for a divorce especially when kids are involved. They have a six month waiting period here that the judge waved here and it was over in 3 months! SO dumb.